1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Manually removing files from sdcard but they keep coming back.

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Weapondrift, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Ive noticed lately that I am finding files on my sd card that continue to show up no matter how and where I delete them from. Specifically old pictures that I already have saved on my pc but they arent listed under DCIM100 however they show up in my gallery. I have manually deleted them and when I upgraded my rom a week ago the pictures showed up again. Any thoughts?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Hmmm that's a good one.... What rom?

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    When you install rom, are you reinstalling apps with data from anywhere?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. jlloyd

jlloyd New Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Right after deleting do the files still show on the SD card? If they do are you able to open and view them? Sometimes they will show up but not actually be available to open, most times rebooting the phone after deleting will get rid of them. Do you use a backup app such as titanium backup?

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Have you tried it using root explorer?

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

7. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    CM7 nightlie but this has happened for a while now...its just now getting annoying.

What will happen is this: I see them in my gallery and then delete them. OR I see them in my sd card and delete them. They dont show up again untill I reboot my phone (which I rarely do)

my apps with data are navigation/fb/mobeo (its like tag) etc...so the long version to your answer is yes.

Not yet. But I will

8. jlloyd

jlloyd New Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Could they possibly be synced with your computer or some other app with storage not on your phone that syncs when your phone reboots. I am just throwing out possibilities here, sounds like you have most normal issues covered.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

9. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    no. What I actually did when I transfered the files was to manually place my sd card into my computer and placed them in a folder on my c:/ drive