1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Memory for G1

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by JaCool69, Oct 7, 2008.

1. JaCool69

JaCool69 New Member

Oct 7, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Does anyone know if the G1 will support microSD (HC) memory? Everything i've read show microSD but not SDHC. What are your thought?

2. implosive_disgorgence

Oct 7, 2008
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. PunkZanyJ

PunkZanyJ New Member

Oct 10, 2008
    I had to guess on this one (correct me, please) but from what I've found, a microSD card that is 4GB or larger is SDHC by default. The "HC" standing for "High Capacity". There are no non-SDHC microSD cards 4GB or larger. Since the G1 supports 8GB microSD cards, it supports SDHC. I've heard conflicting things saying it already supports the 16GB cards, that it will support 16GB cards after a firmware upgrade, or that a 3rd party developer has a 16GB "fix". 12 days and I find out, eh?

5. freddyv43

freddyv43 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    according to google it's ready for the 16 GB card now (no firmware update needed) and it may even be able to handle a 32 GB card sometime in the future.