1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Message App - can't attach pictures anymore

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by SteveA2014, Mar 4, 2017.

1. SteveA2014

SteveA2014 New Member

Mar 4, 2017

Sponsored Ad

I don't even know what message App I was using on my Android phone for the last several years. It's icon was a green text balloon with little lines in it. OK, I'm an idiot for not even remembering what App I was using. It worked great, used it for years.

After I updated my OS last week, that app disappeared from my phone. I can't find it in the app store.

So I started using Android message. Seems like a good app. But it doesn't seem to have the ability to text someone a picture attachment (or any attachment as far as I can tell). I find it hard to believe the standard Android message App wouldn't do something that basic but if there's a way to do it I can't find it.

So multi part question:

1) what the heck happened to the app I had been using for years and was very happy with. Why would an OS update just delete the app without telling me?

2) Is there a way to attach pictures using the Android Message app that I am somehow missing? I spent five minutes looking for the Parmesan cheese in the refrigerator and it was right there on the shelf, so I suppose anything's possible.

3) If the answer to #2 is no, what free text app would you recommend. I don't want something fancy that tries to integrate with email and everything else. Just a basic app that lets me attach pictures, do group textdls, etc. And I don't like hangouts so don't go there!

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    What device and what OS did you update from/to? If you have used the same app for several years you may have skipped two or three OS updates. An old app likely would not be compatible with newer OS versions. The upgrade process would just ignore an app that is not compatible.

If you never figured it out, the built-in app does handle attachments and it does it well. Look for a small paperclip, probably on the left side of the area to type in. Click it.

Sorry about the delayed response. I have been ill.....

3. Sponsored Advertisement