1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Metro Ascend 2.2 NAND unlock

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Morlex60, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Morlex60

Morlex60 New Member

Jul 2, 2011

Sponsored Ad

I rooted my Metro Ascend with Gingerbreak, but that doesn't allow me to remove some of the Apps that came with the phone. It looks like I need to NAND unlock it. I am not programming savy, and I have searched different forums, haven't acomplished it yet. Can somebody help please?

2. jlloyd

jlloyd New Member

Jul 2, 2011
    I can't find anything on unlocking the nand protection either. Although I did see an app in the market that says it can freeze apps on devices that are still nand locked. Its called bloat freezer its one dollar. I don't know if it will work but its worth a shot. Usually better to freeze apps than to remove them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Titanium Backup does it as well...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. jlloyd

jlloyd New Member

Jul 2, 2011
    I did not know it would since the nand lock prevents rewriting to the phone system. I just suggested this one since its 5-6$ cheaper so if it doesn't work the op is out as much and it specifically mentioned freezing apps on nand lock phones. But good to know I use titanium backup with my X.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

6. lilmamma807

lilmamma807 New Member

May 23, 2012
    Once the phone is rooted u need to download superuser and titanium backup in order to fully override the permissions of the phone.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Everything Android

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    You don't need Titanium Backup to override anything...it has nothing to do with rooting your phone. It just backs up apps and app data

• Like Like x 1
  8. lilmamma807

lilmamma807 New Member

May 23, 2012
    Titanium backup allows the user to REMOVE bloatware ( stock apps) from the phone it's not just for backing up data.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Everything Android

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Correct, but you said 'fully override the permissions of the phone' which is not correct

10. lilmamma807

lilmamma807 New Member

May 23, 2012
    No, that is correct. In order to fully override the permissions of the phone regarding moving bloatware he/she needs both Superuser and Titanium back-up.

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    No you don't need titanium backup. You can use many other apps to get rid of bloatware, ie; root explorer. Once you have rooted you already overrode the permissions of the phone.

This was the original quote

• Like Like x 1