1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

MILESTONE Firmware Ported to DROID (for multitouch!)

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by TheMadJester, Dec 18, 2009.

1. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009

Sponsored Ad

Hey boys and girls. Just like The Beatles, The Office, and Italian food, the firmware from the Motorola Milestone (the Droid's European brothah from anothah carriah) is crossing the pond and bringing multitouch support with it.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009...n=Feed:+TheBoyGeniusReport+(Boy+Genius+Report)

Also, if you would like to help with this en devour, here's the direct link to the development blog to donate.

http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=704&p=5478#p5478

2. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Lookin good, let us know when ur running it since we all know how much you love to experiment :dft012:wink

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    :geek: he he

5. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    I guess yet another reason to root the Droid. I don't really know much about rooting. I would be afraid of bricking the phone. Looks real interesting though. Goodd luck!

6. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I didn't know beetles came from there, I assumed all insects were pretty much everywhere. Where did the moths, or the bees come from.

Ok getting back on topic, does anyone else find multitouch overrated and annoying, its like high school gym class where they expected you to be able to move your legs and arms at the same time, I was never coordinated enough for that either.

7. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    look eugene, just 'cause you're not coordinated enough to bring your thumb and index finger together doesn't mean the rest of us don't find this exciting.

honestly though, the only reason i like this is because it's one more thing the droid can do that the iphone does. and you gotta root your phone for it. :dft010:big_smile

8. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009
    Yea, I find multitouch more of a gimmick than anything. If you like it you can download Dolphin and Gallery from the app store, but I had the Pre for quite some time and found that I never really used it. It was cool at first to say you had it and show your buddies, but after that I never really used it...especially on the Droid due to the amazing resolution and screen size.

9. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i disagree. i find that pinch zoom in a web browser is way faster then using the built in zoom feature in the browser. i have used dolphin, but it's too bloated for me. i prefer the stock browser, just wish it had multitouch. and i use picsay pro for pinch zoom images. i love that app.