1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing "Droid" Sound at Boot-Up

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by zero7980, Nov 14, 2009.

1. zero7980

zero7980 New Member

Nov 7, 2009

Sponsored Ad

This morning I noticed I kept missing calls. When I checked my volume, it was all the way up. But, when I played my ringtones/notifications, they weren't as loud as they should be. A reboot corrected the problem.

However, I noticed that my phone didn't give the "droid" sound when boot-up was complete. I dropped it yesterday from like 2 and half feet onto carpet, but there looks to be 0 damage. Surely that isn't related to the problem.

Anyway, any ideas? I guess it isn't a really big deal, but still!

Thanks ahead of time!

2. zero7980

zero7980 New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Never mind - I figured it out. I had mistakenly turned off the SD car notifications sound setting. Apparently the "Droid" sound comes from the SD card activity and isn't part of the boot-up process. Thanks for checking out the thread, though!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    thanks for letting us know what was wrong. :dft009:smile

4 more days !!!

5. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007

Yes thanks for letting us know. Just to add to this, the boot up sound is whatever you have set in the Notifications Ringtone section. DROID happens to be the default.

6. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    that's great to know. excellent find. someone else on here had a problem when changing the notification ringtone they said it changed the "startup droid", but i guess we know now where the "droid" really comes from.

7. jonesboy6

jonesboy6 New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    this is not totally true. I changed my notifications ringtone to a downloaded ringtone from Mabilo(a free app in market) and this was not the start up ringtone that then played. my start up ringtone was then a standard phone ring.

8. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    just to clarify there is no such thing as a "start up ringtone." the sound you hear when the phone starts up is usually the notification ringtone set for sd card notifications because its the "preparing sd card" notification that's causing the sound. sometimes there are other notifications like texts or google voice notifications that might also play when your phone is booting up. the sd notification sound should be whatever you have set as the default "notification" ringtone. in most cases it's "droid."