1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing Phone Book List?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by thor2k, Nov 3, 2008.

1. thor2k

thor2k New Member

Nov 1, 2008

Sponsored Ad

I have to be doing something stupid, so apologies in advance . . .

Was delighted when slipped in SIM card from my old phone into my new G-phone; everything seemed to work with no drama and with fairly intuitive actions.

However, while I can access all the contacts from my PC-based G-mail account, I cannot find my old phone contact list from my old phone! I have swapped this SIM card into 4-5 phones over the years and each time the list came up just as it should.

Have I overlooked a setup option, or missing key, or ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Jay

2. ghoonk

ghoonk New Member

Nov 2, 2008
    In the Contacts application, press Menu -> Settings and there's a SIM contacts importer that you can use to copy your SIM contacts to phone/Gmail.

It's in the manual.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. thor2k

thor2k New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Thank you so much. I did not see this step in the manual.

HOWEVER, get message "No contacts on your SIM card"!

I was very careful on my last phone to save the contacts to the card, not
    to the phone. Indeed, I double checked each contact before I swapped
    the SIM card into the G1.

Further suggestions?

Thanks,

Jay

5. complexsix4

complexsix4 New Member

Oct 30, 2008
    you probably have the old style sims which 90% of the time dont work that great with these newer super phones , so if that is the case you will have to go to the store and have them activate a new style sim and should have a sim sync card adaptor that can move contacts for you

6. thor2k

thor2k New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Thanks!

Thanks to those who guided me out of my problem. I found a SIM card reader in the "goody" closet and used it to transfer the (250) phone numbers from the "old" SIM card into the phone memory. Still haven't upgraded the phone to work on "new SIM, but will talk to T-Mobile and see what the advantages are to the move.

Regards,

Jay

7. Gphone

Gphone New Member

Dec 9, 2008
    how to export SIM contacts to Gphone?

I have same problem. Could not export all contacts from SIM card to Gphone. I tried the step by step Munu>Settings, but there is no dirrection of SIM contacts importer function on Gphone.....any help? thanks.