1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Moto G 2014 edition

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Alkali, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I own the above phone but noticed any time i restart or switch it on and off some folders and App will be delated from the screen until i put them back on. Please help.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Everything Android mobile app

2. ashwell

ashwell New Member

Nov 30, 2014
    I have same problem I also want to know why it's happen again and again. Looking for solution.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    That makes the two of us ashwell, may be we contact Motorola.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I have not had that problem, but looking around it appears to be quite common. One thought I saw was if you are running the Google Now launcher that may be the issue. I am running Nova and experienced no issue, but I did not see confirmations changing from the Google Now launcher solved it for all.

If I were you I would definitely try loading a third party launcher to see if that helps. I highly recommend Nova and their free version is wonderful.

Take a look at these threads. The first lists a couple of possible solutions:
    First link

Second link

Third link (MotoG forum)

What is clear is that the issue occurs in many different phones and OS versions as well as in rooted devices.

Very strange......

6. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    I have done it and I truly love Nova. Thanks very much.

Sent from my XT1068 using Everything Android mobile app

7. ashwell

ashwell New Member

Nov 30, 2014
    @stevetaz thanks for your solution link. Surely I'll visit your link and try to find out better solution for my problem.

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    There is much to love about Nova, but did it solve your disappearing folder/app problem?

If I am not mistaken when I restart my Galaxy or it restarts after installing an update I do have to restart Nova too.

Also take a look at the Moonshine icon pack to give yourself a flavor of Android L. It is compatible with Nova....

9. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    Problem solved Steve. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Everything Android mobile app

10. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Check the user manual, you will find all the answers in it.