1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Motorola Android Phone Coming Late 2009

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by johnnydangerously, Oct 30, 2008.

1. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006

Sponsored Ad

I was really hoping Motorola would get their Android phone out before late 2009. If there are delays, it's possible we won't see this phone until 2010.

2. xiflada

xiflada New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    See I got all excited! I love motorola phones and the only reason I switch to a BB was because of work. But I would love to have a new morola phone everything is so much more complicated on these PDA's I miss my razor2 :(

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    Motorola's Android Phone seems like too little too late, to say the least. It isn't supposed to be out until the second quarter of 2009, putting Moto's phone at least 9 months behind the first Android phone.

5. Taki

Taki New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    A little to late in my opinion. The early adoptors will have already settled down with their brand of choice and Motorola won't be their brand. Seriously this is to long for a major corporation to take to get a new product out. yet another example of the arrogance of the major corporations toward Google Enterprises.

6. glsda

Bronze

Oct 11, 2008
    I am excited about the deveploment of the android phones. I think they will be very competitive with iPhone and the Pre.

7. wnrussell

wnrussell New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Motorola Sholes Android Phone

For those looking for the next generation Motorola smartphone, here it is:

[​IMG]

And the phone may be available as early as October this year and for Verizon by Christmas. The pricing is about $199. In addition, the main specifications of the Sholes includes:
    * OMAP3430 – 600 MHz ARM Cortex A8 + PowerVR SGX 530 GPU + 430MHz C64x+ DSP + ISP (Image Signal Processor)
    * Dimensions 60.00 x 115.80 x 13.70 mm
    * Weight 169 g
    * Battery Li-ion 1400 mAh.
    * Standby 450 hours, talk time 420 minutes
    * 3.7-inch touch-sensitive display with a resolution of 854×480 pixels, 16 million color depth. Physical screen size is 45.72 mm by 81.34 mm.
    * 512MB/256MB ROM/RAM
    * microSD / microSDHC expansion slot
    * Camera: 5.0 megapixel with autofocus and video recorder
    * Connectivity: USB2.0, 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR, Wi-Fi
    * Supported audio formats: AMR-NB/WB, MP3, PCM / WAV, AAC, AAC +, eAAC +, WMA
    * Supported video formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, WMV
    * GPS navigation
    * Package Contents: Phone Motorola Sholes, battery, charger, USB cable, 8GB MMC and other literature.

8. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Welcome aboard and thanks for being the first person to post from eWM.:dft012:wink

9. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    Definitely waiting for this one! Hopefully it looks like that when it's released

10. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    Yup, me too. Time to start learning about Android over here. . .

11. MotoGenius

MotoGenius New Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Need a tissue Paco? You have a little drool there.

12. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    you know how I get with gadget candy....:dft012:wink

13. wnrussell

wnrussell New Member

Sep 2, 2008
  14. wnrussell

wnrussell New Member

Sep 2, 2008
  15. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Maybe that's the reason why it wasn't announced. Sholes would have dwarfed the Cliq announcement.

Thinner, faster, updated OS.... add Verizon as the wireless carrier and they could be in business.

16. wnrussell

wnrussell New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Verizon's Android Phone To Arrive Within A Few Weeks

Anyone disappointed that Motorola (NYSE: MOT) only announced one Android handset last week and not two need not fret for too long. Motorola will announce its second Android-based device within a few weeks, and you'd better believe that Verizon Wireless will be the one to sell it.

http://www.informationweek.com/blog...l;jsessionid=BW1ZKQIHB5DWFQE1GHPSKHWATMY32JVN

17. occfan

occfan New Member

Feb 14, 2009

bill you bring better news every time you post !! i can not wait to get my hands on this device !! the wifes getting my tour and sholes will be my new mobile !

18. wnrussell

wnrussell New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    And I know some test users who have it right now. Sorry, I can't share screenshots yet. The model number looks like A855 now.

[​IMG]

19. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    Yes, and to add to that, it has it's Bluetooth and WiFi certs approved, we're just still trying to find the FCC Cert for it. If I count the days correctly, looks like a release somewhere around Holloween.

And I have the pretty much same info as wnrussell, there are some ppl who already have this bad arse device in their hot little hands. I just wish I was cool enough to be one of them . . . . :dft010:big_smile

20. Aixelsyd

Bronze

Jan 25, 2009
    Yea you and me both. To bad you have to be a Moto or VZW employee to have the joys of getting one tho seeing as there is no other way to.

As for the FCC cert good luck. I highly doubt you'll find anything on it until after the device is released. My guess is Moto was smart enough to ask for it to not be published until X days after filing the paperwork so they could keep everything under wraps as much as possible.

21. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    Well, there's a huge thread on this phone over at HoFo. Here's some of the latest. The model number is most likely the A855 as mentioned. The release name will probably be the Tao. We think we found the correct FCC certs, but Moto has all the pictures and name of the device locked away in secret land. I have a good source that still leads me to believe it'll be out around Halloween, but in one of the links in the thread mentioned above, someone claiming to be a Verizon Tester said mid October.

p.s. It is NOT, however going to be a world phone.