1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Motorola Atrix 4G Review

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Feb 22, 2011.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

I've spent the last few weeks with the Atrix. For those considering the phone, I'd invite you to read my Motorola Atrix 4G review.

The short version. Love the phone. Super fast, great dispaly. Not crazy about the accessories and pricing is a big part of that.

2. I8qbert

Bronze

Aug 24, 2008
    Great concept, bad pricing. I am hoping other vendors jump on this and we see some competition.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I completely agree. Pricing of the Atrix is very competitive. Geez, Walmart is selling the Atrix 4G for $129. That's an insane price for what you get -- dual core processor, qHD display, 1GB RAM, 16 GB of storage.

#3 chris, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  5. I8qbert

Bronze

Aug 24, 2008
    How much is the docking station at the 'mart? The phone is great but you "need" the docking station to be uber cool. I think you could get a decent netbook for less than the prices I have seen.

#4 I8qbert, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  6. I8qbert

Bronze

Aug 24, 2008
    Guess I should have clicked on your link... That is a pretty good bundled price!

7. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    The Atrix comes with the HDMI cable, so you don't really need the dock station. It's cool, but overpriced at $129.99. I compared it to the Zune HD dock, which is priced at $89.99 (readily available for $69.99).

8. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    completely agree with your assessment of the Atrix. Awesome phone, easily the best Android phone compatible with AT&T 3g (note I didn't say 4g lol). The Nexus One has been dethroned.

Love the phone. Played with the laptop dock, while cool, that's about all i could say about it other than it is gimmicky. Definitely not worth that much money just to run firefox and basically an enlarged view of your phone. I may spring for the HD dock once best buy gets it and use up some of these gift cards and possibly get the bluetooth keyboard as well. But first I gotta decide if I'm gonna keep it or wait out the Thunderbolt "delays".

9. tcchubb

tcchubb New Member

Feb 20, 2011
    I agree that the phone is really great. I got the hd dock with keyboard and mouse and its really cool. The laptop dock is imo. Way over priced ill wait and hope someone comes up with a knock off then ill get it. But the phone is amazing and I really love it.

Sent from my MB860 using Everything Android App

10. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Im really wanting the HD dock too but hate the price. Like chris said that thing shouldn't be priced any higher than the zune HD dock. I may wait to see if the price falls due to slow sales. Still not 100% sure im gonna keep the Atrix. Hoping for Tbolt release news then ill decide

11. tcchubb

tcchubb New Member

Feb 20, 2011
    The att store I was at has sold all of there's. I agree you should be able to get cheaper versions but I had bis discount and had credit do wasn't to bad. I don't have many options for where I live att is only one that gives good service. Well alltel worked amazing but when verzion got them they never could towers to work right. Gave them over a year to fix it before switching so im in for long haul. But even if I wasn't I think id keep atrix again iM not a demanding user so the dual core is above and beyond what I would need

12. Leandro Lopes

Leandro Lopes New Member

May 30, 2011
    Man, I get so jelous about that. Brazil has the most ridiculous feds. When atrix finally get here it costs about $1100,00.

Sent from my MB860 using Everything Android

#11 Leandro Lopes, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013