1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Motorola Droid 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by PrynceszTaty, Aug 29, 2010.

1. PrynceszTaty

PrynceszTaty New Member

Aug 29, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I am thinking about rooting my droid. it is running 2.2. Can it be rooted? and the only reason that I am wanting to root is too make the clock faster... Overclocking from 600 to 1.2... Can someone help me and tell me how it can all be done step by step?? And is it really worth it? Does it really run faster?

2. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    Right now, you cannot root the 22D. Do some research. That can change in an instant.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    You do realize that overclocking has nothing to do with the clock and its the speed at which the processor runs? Running overclock incorrectly will damage your phone If you understand this concept you can google motorola droid root follow the instructions and then get the program called "setcpu"

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

5. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I actually found a way to root the 2.2. However, it is complicated. Therefore, I will not post how I did it or where I got the tech specs from, because I don't want any one to try it then blame me or EA. Suffice to say, the way is out there, YOU just have to go find it.

6. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    NOPE! I have a brick. Time for some creative phone destruction that the insurance company will by. LOL!

7. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Its called a truck. "I'm sorry mr. Verizon man. I was unaware it fell out of my holster, and I accidentally ran over it."

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android app

8. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Wouldn't it be easier for her to downgrade to 2.1 first and then root?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

9. petekowalski83

petekowalski83 New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    just google universal androot and youre good, or 1 click root for droid
    btw, overclocking is speeding up the processor speed, and that involves flashing a new kernel through recovery
    Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

10. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    not entirely true...i have done the stock kernal and overclocked before and it ran fine...battery life was horrible but it was fast as all heck.

11. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    As long as you can get to the Moto logo it's not a brick. In fact I have never heard of someone actually bricking the Droid. You may need to flash a new sbf file with rsdlite tho. It's really not that hard if you read up on it and it's also the best and proper way to get root. If you need help I can search out some links for you.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Everything Android App

12. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    i was able to reflash a new sbf file on my brothers computer....tok me a week but I finally got it to work lol

13. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    Oh...LOL...I did get my phone working again. It's been so long ago, I don't remember how I did it.