1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Motorola Droid

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Luis Henriquez, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Luis Henriquez

Luis Henriquez New Member

Jul 5, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Hi all, i write because my Droid touch screen sometimes got crazy, opening and closing application, open the browser, dialing, opening setting menus all by itself with nobody touching the screen, so i don't know if is a hardware issue or some kind of malware, so if any of you got an idea about what could this be plz help me out.

2. jlloyd

jlloyd New Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Have you tried cleaning the screen with just a soft cloth, no liquid or gel cleaners? Sometimes these or lotion or hand cleaner can leave a film on the screen that messes with the touch sensors.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Luis Henriquez

Jul 5, 2011
    ok thanx i'll try it right now

5. Luis Henriquez

Jul 5, 2011
    i try but the problem still persists but now work at times

6. jlloyd

jlloyd New Member

Jul 2, 2011
    The only other thing was some had that problem when using a replacement charging cord but I think the problems only occurred while the phone was plugged in. If I find any thing else I will update

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

7. kennygee

kennygee New Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Had the same problem with mine. Phone would go crazy, wouldn't select the items I wanted it to. Was one of two things: I had been camping and it was incredibly humid, plus I was sweating and the Droid was in my cargo pocket. My phone either did not like the humidity and then dried out after camping, or rooting and flashing to CM7 fixed the problem. They both would have happened yesterday so I don't know. You live in the south?

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android

8. fandroid_gal

fandroid_gal New Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I had the same problem. I found that a bad charger would do that, plus it would happen to a friend of mines also. Then it would go away. Maybe the humidy, I will take note of it next time.

9. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    Humidity is the most likely cause, moisture interferes with the touch screen

10. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Or a charger not made specifically for the Droid. Have no problem with universal car charger, but not a/c..

11. hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo New Member

Oct 7, 2010
    I know this is several months later, but humidity, chargers, the screen being dirty or clean, none of that matters. I believe it's just the screen itself. It can't be the humidity, I had that problem on the Droid 1 after a year and a half of having it, and I live up in cold and dry Colorado. It can't be the charger, I used only my charger while I had the phone, not even once did I use a different one. And lastly, it can't be a dirty screen. I was very good at keeping the screen clean, I could not stand smudges.

I'm guessing that anybody else who had this problem, later began to have a permanent vertical line on the phone, where the screen looked fine and all of that, but would not respond to touch. For me, that area was over the Search button and didn't affect the performance too much. But, sometime in November, it spread further left and practically made the phone unusable, being that I couldn't unlock the phone vertically, I had to slide the keyboard out to unlock it. Point is, most of the time the commonly known 'Ghost Finger' will eventually go away, but from what I've experienced, a portion of the screen will not respond to touch anymore. On the day that my problem grew worse, I was overdue on an upgrade (I didn't upgrade because I figured that my problem wasn't too severe) and upgraded to a Bionic.

My perscription:
    A touch screen replacement, from any trusted phone repair place. But from what I've seen, touch screen replacements are rather expensive, averaging out on the Droid 1 at $100 ship-in. The Droid 1 is rather complicated with it's parts, where in order to take apart the phone, you must start from the back and take EVERYTHING apart, and work your way to the front. And the touch screen, as you probably know, is at the VERY front. I think for $100, you could probably upgrade to another android phone.

And my conclusion, I understand the OG isn't really on shelves anymore and most of us who had the OG upgraded to a Bionic, A RAZR, or the Droid x2 or something, but this post is just to help anybody who still has the phone.

12. Erick Kincaid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2011
    try to use any antivirus too.Because sometimes cellphones do this due to Virus.

13. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Virus?
    Seriously...

14. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Sure Scott, the Moisture Virus....:eek: