1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Motorola razr hd XT925

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by jackson_shredder, Feb 17, 2014.

1. jackson_shredder

jackson_shredder New Member

Feb 17, 2014

Sponsored Ad

ok guy's I am in dire straights. I have a Motorola razr xt925 from Telcel here in Mexico and I decided to root a week ago. Everything worked great and I was too nervous to put a ROM on it because of the having to unlock the boot loader. I went to Motorola and checked my phone and it told me my phone is not eligible for an unlock so I left it alone. I went to the play store and started loading programs. I loaded a program that was some type of Music AMP / Player but I can't remember the name of it. Something BEATS or like that name. Anyway after I installed it I was having all kinds of problems.. a box would pop up and saying "sorry to inform you but xyz is shutting. Youtube shut down, and a bunch of others. I was able to uninstall the beats program... but my phone crashed. I thought no problem I'll go to RSD and just restore factory. right now the phone boots up to the new user screen as I did a factory reset and wiped the cache and everything. All the shutdown boxes pop up and I choose English and click Start and the Red M comes up and animates around it normally, but it goes back to the start menu. systemUI shutdown, google play shutdown google play movies and TV shutdown. I have the start button and emergency call. If I hit the start again it repeats and never advances to the next screen. I've been messing with this for a week now and am stressed to the gills. I have a PC and a MAC Intel. I went and downloaded RSD lite latest version 6.1 and went and got my Telcel factory image. When ever I try the rsd it get's errors on partition. It did that on the oem so I removed those 2 lines. One at top and one at bottom. One more on the top also cant get var I removed. I kept trying and trying tonight it just started to work but failed writing boot_signed. I'm not sure why. If I go into the recovery which it wrote successfully (well it said it did) I get the android laying down with the red ! and nothing else. I mess with the volume buttons and the menu comes up and I choose factory reset and it get's stuck in the middle. It just started doing this as it worked before but the phone always returns the same way with those errors and at the setup screen. I cleared the cache. Nothing seems to work. I'm computer literate but have only been working on these phones for a few weeks now. I almost ready to go back to the phone store and see if they can help. Is there anything I can try I may have forgot? Remember I can't get into the phone to put it in development mode and check the USB Data box or something like that so I'm stuck at the user screen with the errors. I may have forgot some stuff and I'm sorry this is a Book but I just needed to tell you guy's exactly how it happened. Am I just *^^$&*#&^ or is there a shred of hope. I appreciate any help you masters or beginners can give me. Thanks..

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    How did you root this? From all I have read, if you had Jelly Bean on the phone, it was un-rootable (is that even a real word?) Did you root while on ICS?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. jackson_shredder

jackson_shredder New Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Sherri there is a unlock for it at 4.12 JB. Thats how it came from Telcel. But don't do it unless you can unlock the bootloader.

When I went to the motorola site they said it was not eligible for a unlock so I rooted it anyway. Stupid move cause when the boot loader is locked I could not restore it to even factory not to mention anything else. I tried with fastboot and RSD and no go. I just took it to Telcel today and they could not even load it so they are sending it to Motorola and I'll have it back March 6th. This tells me that even Telcel and the other resellers have no unlock for the locked boot. I used this procedure to unroot -->

theunlockr.com/2013/01/25/how-to-root-the-motorola-razr-hd-xt925/

It was just as easy than with my Samsung Galaxy s4 I rooted except the Galaxy is working cause they don't lock the boot partition. If you can't unlock boot. Don't root. !! Here's what happened. I rooted and then everything was working good. All of a sudden I downloading this audio beats that required root access.. I put it on and everything on the phone starting shutting down. I was not really aware about the locked boot loader at the time.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I am curious. That website specifically states up front that the procedure was intended for ICS:
    3. The following procedure is intended to work on Android Ice Cream Sandwich.

Why would you try it on JellyBean?

6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Exactly my point. Everything I read says that if the phone came with JB on it, attempting root will brick it.