1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Mount / Unmount - HUH?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by tman065, Feb 6, 2010.

1. tman065

tman065 New Member

Nov 11, 2008

Sponsored Ad

First, just made the switch from WinMo (Samsung Saga) to Droid. Wowser! The Droid is blazing fast in comparison and I'm still getting used to keyboarding on it.

Now, about mounting and unmounting the SD card when I USB it to my computer... I follow the "mount" instructions when it first gets plugged in. No probs there.

When it's time to disconnect, I use the taskbar to stop the USB and make it "safe" for removal. What needs to be done with the phone? It seems to me that if I use the "unmount SD card" setting on the Droid, that sets the disconnects the card from my phone, to safely physically remove the card from the phone, not the phone from the computer. Is that right?

My reasoning is because if I press the unmount button, I lose the ability to see the storage settings, and the phone doesn't see the data on the card, so I reboot and it's there again.

Explanations? Tips? Dope slaps?

Thanks!

2. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    use the "safely remove" option on the PC first, and then unmount from the phone (that should just turn off USB storage and then the Droid will re prepare the card for use)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. tman065

tman065 New Member

Nov 11, 2008
    How long does it take the Droid to re-prepare the card? Is that why I can't see the updated stats or access the card's data?

5. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    usually only a second or two