1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

MP3's for Text notification?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by shaun0207, Jul 23, 2010.

1. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Hey guys:

I should know this, but can you use mp3's for text message notification? I have some great ones I've used on my phones in the past and I would like to use them on my Evo. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Shaun

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I have the Motorola Droid, and you definitely can on that phone! When you go to set your notification sounds (for example, in the text messaging program), it asks you to set notification sound. Tap it, and it brings up "Android System" or "Your sounds". Chose one (Android system is the systems native sounds.)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. lady_bugz22

lady_bugz22 New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Yes, you can use mp3's for your text notifications. You may also want to check out Zedge in the marketplace. You can use the ringtones also for text notifications & they also have wallpapers you can download.

5. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    I finally figured it out. I had my tones in the wrong folder.

6. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Also if you create two folders on the root of your card named "notifications" and "ringtones" what ever mp3's you put in those folders will now appear in the menus.

7. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007

That's exactly what i did

8. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I use Linux regularly. I should know how to do some of this stuff. LOL!!

9. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    Trying to use Ringtones Extended to set notifications tones for my email accounts. But I'm not seeing an option to do it in the mail app and there is no menu icon for Ringtones Extended.

10. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    Anyone else using Ringtones Extended?