1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

MTK6573 Handphone Dilemma

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by shaamt, Oct 11, 2012.

1. shaamt

shaamt New Member

Oct 11, 2012

Sponsored Ad

I desperately need help because i know that you all are my life saver. As it goes I'm having an unrooted chinese hand phone and there are no ways to root my phone other then to flash it. The dilemma is that i need to do a full backup before flashing but in order to do full backup i need to root it first but then i need to root it first before i can do a full backup. This is a dilemma sort like whether chicken or egg first. The problems is really annoying. BTW the phone download mode is not accessible through any combination of the phone button. Details are as follows:

Screen Size: 4.3 inch.
    Model number: I9100
    CPU: MTK6573
    Android version: 4.0.9
    Baseband version: I9100XXK13
    Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-I9100
    Build number: GT_I9100_01
    Custom build version: 1341280728
    ADB Devices: 0123456789ABCDEF

Are there any application that could do a FULL backup without rooting it first?
    Does anyone knows where to download the said phone image file so that i could flash it without doing the full backup?

The last thing i could do is burying my phone in the soil and watered it everyday and hoping it to root out.
    Thanks for your time in helping me out.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    What is it your are so afraid to lose? Yes, there are a few things that can't be backed up if the phone is not rooted.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. shaamt

shaamt New Member

Oct 11, 2012
    If i don't backup as image file, the phone can only function as paper weight if something goes wrong with the rom flashing. Any clues how to backup as image file although the phone is unroot?

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Wait for a member who has done this to jump in. I have not rooted a phone.

I did think that a backup is created as part of the rooting process.

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    If you had a Nexus device I believe you can do it through adb or recovery (unrooted) but I do not believe with the GSII that you have it can work.

Rooting is pretty straight forward, make sure you have the instruction for you exact phone and OS version and just follow the directions. I have had root fail a few times and have never bricked any devices.

7. shaamt

shaamt New Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Rooting won't brick my phone but rom flashing will. I've tried all kind of rooting and none of them works. Probably you could give me a hint on how to full backup my phone without rooting it first?

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Like I said, you wont be able to back it up with out root. But once you root you can do a nandroid (full system image backup) before flashing a rom.

Rooting is NOT flashing a ROM. Rooting is unlocking the device so you can get access to the system level and change what you want and try different ROMs. So if you root the device, you can then do a full backup PRIOR to flashing a ROM.

9. shaamt

shaamt New Member

Oct 11, 2012
    If you have read my original post carefully, you'll notice that i need to flash it because there is no ways to root my phone. I've tried all the trick from the web and not being succesful. Thanks for trying to help me out.

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Then I am not understand in because you can not flash anything to a non rooted phone because you do not have a recovery.

Post a link to what you have found and instructions.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Everything Android