1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi Window, Allshare Cast

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Alkali, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010

Sponsored Ad

My friends,
    I have upgraded to jelly bean but this app does not show all my applications, is there settings for that?
    2. And though I have opened Allshare Cast and scan nothing seems to happen? pls help.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Everything Android

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Did you reset your phone after installing? Device on > Remove battery > Replace battery and allow to fully restart.

Explain what you mean by #2. What do you expect to happen?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    I will do that now dear Stevetaz but what i do not understand is how to include my favourite applications in Multi window.
    As for No2, i do not understand how Allshare Cast is used. Thanks very much.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    As I understand it there is the software as well as a hardware hub. Did you buy this somewhere?

Look here to see if it helps you understand and to verify we are speaking about the same thing....

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Then again, there is always the manufacturer's site to provide information about their products.

Look here....

7. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    I think you missed the point dear Stevetaz. These two applications came by default in the jelly bean upgrade I.e allshare cast and Multi window but I do not really understand how they work.

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I did not realize they were two different apps, true. However, I did realize you were asking how they worked. Let's try this again...

Look at this link for a full description of the AllShare Play app. The AllShare Cast is a part of that:
    AllShare Cast is part of the app and lets you mirror whatever is on your Galaxy S3 screen on a larger display like a TV. It works in a very similar way to Apple's AirPlay and if your TV isn't DLNA certified you can purchase an AllShare Cast Dongle.

Do a Google search for MultiWindow and you will find lots of YouTube videos and links,. It does appear that MultiWindow is very limited in what apps work with it and Root may be required to expand the use.