Droid multimedia station question

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Phones' started by brokenelbow, Dec 9, 2009.

1. brokenelbow

brokenelbow New Member

I am still learning about my Droid and just purchased a Multimedia station. My work blackberry allows me to plug it in at night and then use it as an alarm clock in the morning. The Blackberry has a function that lets it charge and shuts down all the text and email notifications so one can sleep.

Can my Droid do the same thing when in the multimedia Station?

Thanks to all in advance for the help!
  2. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

I know there is an alarm clock mode that is part of the multimedia dock's capability, but not sure if it will mute text/email alerts; you might have to manage that one with some kind of "silent time" app.

If you want to know what the docked mode will look like, download the Dock Runner app from the Market.

I'm sure someone with a multimedia dock will chime in shortly to provide more info and correct me... lol
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

gnath9 Member

I don't have the dock but, I do know that I have had my Droid on silent and plugged in to the charger... my alarm did go off as normal.
  5. subdude

subdude New Member

I got the dock & I haven't figured out how to turn off the notifications yet. Hopefully theres an app for that that I can find. If I find one I'll post it.
  6. gnath9

gnath9 Member

from the lock screen slide your finger to make it silent and then load it in the dock. I am willing to bet your alarm will still sound and nothing else will.
  7. TheMadJester

TheMadJester New Member

i have the dock and i use the alarm clock every morning. i just put the phone on silent before or after it's in the dock and the only thing that sounds will be the alarm in the morning. (except for certain apps that apparently ignore the ringer volume, but i think that's supposed to be fixed)

also there are a bunch of apps that will allow you to control the notification settings at specific times, like turning off all notifications except phone calls, or using Locale to set it to silent when you plug it into the dock, or there's a clock app that looks like an old digital alarm clock that will automatically silent the phone when it runs. i'd search the market and try some out. but that should get you started. also non of the apps require the dock, but it's really cool. i use the dock at my desk when i'm working on the computer in my home office.
  8. subdude

subdude New Member

Thanks Jester I'll do that. When I had my q9m if it was in silent mode nothing sounded. I was afraid the same was going to happen with the droid. Does anyone know of a specific app that will still allow phone calls to ring?
  9. TheMadJester

TheMadJester New Member

i think there's one called bedtime, or sleepytime or something like that. sorry i can't think of the same.
  10. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

11. TheMadJester

TheMadJester New Member

i'm currently trying out locale. people say it's a much have app, so i'm giving it a try. you can set it to have the droid change your settings based on things like time, location, etc. nothing specifically for the dock.

i also stumbled upon a new app called dockawake, which is a dock manager. it allows you to have certain settings for in the dock and then restores to previous settings out of the dock. that might be more of what you're looking for.