1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Multimedia Station Question

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ranjo105, Jan 4, 2010.

1. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I just received my multimedia station and I have a "stupid" question that I hope someone can answer. On the front cover of the manual by the number 2 where they show how to insert the Droid into the station there is a small
    diagram with the label "Unlock phone". What does that mean ? Thanks

2. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    Just a guess here, but perhaps they want you to make sure the phone is not locked when you place it in the cradle... if the phone is at the lock screen, the multimedia app probably cannot start...

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. daddyd302

daddyd302 New Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Can you take a picture of this?

5. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    I doubt it would work, the picture in the user guide is VERY small.

6. daddyd302

daddyd302 New Member

Dec 11, 2009
    When I put mine in the dock, it goes right to the dock clock settings. i've never seen or heard anything like this before. I would take this in and show it to Verizon as it's odd. It could be a defect on the phone or dock.

7. Aixelsyd

Bronze

Jan 25, 2009
    I'll second that as I always put mine on the dock with it locked and it just automatically switches modes.

8. animal

Bronze

Nov 16, 2009
    He was asking what the diagram meant, not saying his phone didn't unlock. It might be a vestige from when they didn't know exactly how everything worked. It unlocks itself when docked, and when you remove it from the dock it goes to tghe unlocked homescreen. If it does something else, you have a problem

9. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    This is correct, there is NO malfunction. I just want to know what the little diagram means.