Droid Multiple Droid phones using the same calendar.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Phones' started by yankee44, Nov 13, 2009.

1. yankee44

yankee44 New Member

Is it possible to set up 2 different phones, (husband and wife's) to use the Gmail calendar together, that is adding and viewing appts? I can't figure out how to add another calendar, and I am not talking about the corporate calendar.

2. dragonfly

Bronze

Interesting idea, kinda like a admin helps the big boss man in outlook. Lets see how it goes, ill look around for you and see if i can figure it out.

Update:
    Do you already share your calendar with your wife? or have you not set it up yet? It will be hard for me to test since i dont have 2 droids to test with.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. yankee44

yankee44 New Member

No, I don't, not yet. That's what I want to do. I just don't know how yet.

5. dragonfly

Bronze

If you go on your computer into google.com/calendar and than in the upper right hand side click on settings, and than on the calenders tab next to general, once you do that look and you will see your email address listed and to the right you will see "share this calendar", once you click on that you can type the email of the person you want to share with in your case your wifes email and than choose what type of "permission settings" she would have and than click add person, than click on save at the bottom of the page.

Thats all you should have to do.

6. yankee44

yankee44 New Member

Thanks, but thats not what I'm talking about, not wanting to access through the web, but with the calendar feature in the Droid.

7. dragonfly

Bronze

I assume that you would have to set it up on the computer first either way. than it should sync over with google calendar on your droids, like i said earlier i personally can't test this since i dont have another droid to try it out with sorry if my advice didnt help.

8. TheMadJester

Bronze

my girlfriend just created a separate calendar under her account and called it "stuff we're doing", then she invited me as a collaborator so that i could add events and manipulate the calendar. the calendar, along with all of my other calendars shows up on my device (droid) and on her device (ozone). while they are not both droids, it would actually work easier on two droids because you would have to use exchange on either of them like she has to do on her ozone.

EDIT: now that i think about it, probably the easier thing to do would be to just create an event and then invite your wife. then it is in both your calendars, it shows that both of you are attending the event, and you don't have to hassle with a third calendar.

9. yankee44

yankee44 New Member

Okay, I figured out what we can do, we just created a shortcut to a bookmark to one gmail acct calendar, now either of us can use our own phones and create and edit to our hearts content. We don't have to wait for anything to sync or update, its instantaneous.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

10. TheMadJester

Bronze

i've found when editing the calendar on my phone it is instantaneously updating the online calendar, thus updating anyone who uses that calendar. there really isn't any syncing or updating going. it just magically happens. :dft010:big_smile