1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Must have apps when you have root?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by BigTK, Dec 29, 2010.

1. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Just as the title says, I have root now what apps must I have. Give me recommendations on file explorers, back-up app or any other apps you use.
    Thanks,
    T.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android App

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Root Explorer, Titanium Backup, Some sort of screenshot app, ROM Manager, WiFi Tether. Doing a nandroid backup is a must if you are rooted, backs up the entire system state as it is, like an old school Norton Ghost image of your phone. Something goes wrong you just go to recovery mode restore that backup and BAM your golden.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    We got into this not too long ago. I can't find the thread.

Drocap2, QuickBoot, Titanium Backup, ....

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Cache Cleaner...

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    1) wifi tether app
    2) Backup bookmarks (backs up all your internet bookmarks and allows you to retrieve them)
    3) Rom Manager (the one stop place to find good roms for your phone (i.e. Cyanogen) and allows you a quick way to access recovery
    4) As Hockey said some sort of screenshot software (I use Shootme)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

7. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007
    Thanks for the recommendations. Do you use paid or free version of Titanium Backup? It seems like the batch restore would be a big help if you actually needed to restore.

bberryhill0- I tried a search. I wasn't able to find what I was looking for. Sorry to rehash a topic. ;-)

8. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I use the free version of Titanium. I really don't see a difference in paying for the full version when this seems to do great on its own.
    Are you about to flash your first rom there TK?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    If you are a Chrome user, I would highly recommend ChromeMarks for Android, it syncs all your book marks with your desktop browser and visa versa. They dont show up in the bookmark section of the Internet App but in the ChromeMarks app in the app drawer. This way no backup needed, they are synced with all PC's that you set up with Chrome. This isnt a root app either.

I use the free version as well

10. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007
    Ti Backup done, Nandroid backup done. Now to play... :)