1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

My favorite Verizon commercial

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by TheMadJester, Nov 8, 2009.

1. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I know this isn't specifically a Droid commercial, but it's brilliant!

2. Neutrino

Bronze

Sep 30, 2009
    I love it.

I heard about this video earlier via pcworld, but it seemed like it was taking a rip at the iPhone. Clearly, the ad is ripping AT&T's 3G coverage.

Ingenius!!!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    yeah, but just seeing an iphone looking device on the island of misfit toys makes me happy. i can't stand apple.

5. Neutrino

Bronze

Sep 30, 2009
    Actually, the ad's not busting on the iPhone as much as it is AT&T. Three headed dolls with beards, and an iPhone that can't be used because it's network doesn't have good coverage is excellent.

People will start remembering ads that remind them of their favorite children's shows.

6. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Great commercial. They've really got something with "there's a map for that" and executing very well. Hysterical commercial.

7. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    Verizon Love

i agree. ever since the first droid commercial (idon't) i have been falling in love with verizon more and more. i'm such a sucker for advertising. i would totally kiss the "can you hear me now" guy.

This is another reason i've been digging verizon:

8. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I think they should have marketed the driod better though, since they licensed the name from Lucas do somehting with some star wars charecters. Have a storm trroper looking at phones in one of those stores that sell more than one carrier with an ihone, and different other phones. Have ObiOne come up and do the hand wave saying these are not the droids your looking for then take him over to the droid and say this is the droid your looking for.

9. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    while that would indeed have been cool. i can only guess how much george "money bags" lucas charged them to use the word droid, i'm sure it would have been a crazy ridiculous amount to do that also. frickin' lucas. yuck!

i personally loved the droid marketing campaign. i'm such an apple hater they had me at the "idon't" commercial.

10. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Agree 100% Down with Mac and AT&T their time has come they must bow down to Google and Verizon Wireless :dft003:cool

11. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    seriously, the droid could have been the worst phone ever and i still would have bought it because of that commercial.

12. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I can't stand apple either, watching them over the years pointing the finger at MS for stealing ideas while they take the same ideas from others.

They could even just have the verizon guy in a robe do the jedi hand thing "these are the droids your looking for"

13. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    not only that but they're just not a consumer friendly company. after a couple of iphones/ipods exploded and the people started a class action suite against them they amended their service agreements saying that when you sign it you agree not to enter into or join a class action suite. bucking fastards!

14. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I bought my MIL an ipod for Christmas, shes always into the latest fad. It died after 6 months so I went to see about getting a warranty replacement, you have to pay a $15 fee for that or visit an apple store. So I looked and there is an apple store in my city so I got the location and such from apples web site. Went to the store and waited an hour after taking a number nly to be told you have to make an appointment so he walked me over to an apple that had an internet connection and wen to the web site where I looked up the into and the instore version of the apple web site listed that you need to make an appointment and the soonest was for three hours later in the day. So we watched a movie and ate lunch then went back at the appointment time and took a number again and finally got called up 45 minutes after the appointment time. I let my 1.5 year old play with some of the computers where they had games on (apples of course) while we waited and two locked up playing simple games. The "genius" told us that the ipod wouldn't play because there was no music on it to which I replied thats because she couldn't transfer any music to it after what was there disapeared and thats why she called me. So they agreed to replace it. it lasted anther 6 months before doing the same thing just passed warraty. That was the frst and last apple product I'll buy, if thats how their great their products and service are.

15. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Sounds like a rough day for you man, you should just get her a zune hd :dft003:cool apple isnt worth your time and/or money.

16. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Yea, but she was always into the latest fads, fell for the beanie babies, harry potter, etc all that crap. so I figured anything buy an iphad wouldn't be good enough

Need to find a way to change the "droid" when you plug it in into an "iphone sucks"

17. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    christables, man. that sounds horrible. i would have made them give me an extended warranty on the house. if it's still within a year from when you got the replacement that device might still be under warranty. on most electronics there's a date code on them. if you go in and tell them you bought when you actually got it replaced they might not know the difference.

huh?

18. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Confused as well?

19. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    oh, i think he means that when there's a notification it says, "droid" and he saying that it should actually say, "iphone sucks" when you plug it in to charge. hence the """" and italics.

yes, i quotationed quotation marks. 'cause that's how i roll.

20. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    I get it now :) lol. ill make one for him haha.

21. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i'm already working on it lol. but i'm sure we could use more than one.