1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

My wife challenged me and the Droid let me down...

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ranjo105, Dec 17, 2009.

1. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009

Sponsored Ad

While speaking to my wife she challenged me to surf the web and I could not with my Droid then she told me the iphone does it, I am so depressed...

2. racklefratz

racklefratz New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Don't feed the troll.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Aixelsyd

Bronze

Jan 25, 2009
    And the point is what? It is old news to be honest and has nothing to do with the Droid. It has to do with CDMA technology not devices themselves.

5. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    dont let that one thing get you down, the droid still chumps the iphone every day of the week, hence its the gadget of the year according to Time Magazine.

Have her browse the web and text her see if it interupts her browsing ability with a pop up about a message LMAO. or have her navigate you turn by turn to your destination LOL, or shoot a video in high quality...shall i continue?

6. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    It is old news to you I suppose, but thanks for enlightening me, I will now tend to the wound on the top of my head from being banged.

7. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    Honestly, I can't think of a circumstance that would call for me to be able to to surf AND talk on my handset at the same time... but hey, if that's the ability that the iPhone crew needs in order to feel better about their prissy princess phone, then so be it.

Personally, I couldn't care less. The Droid combined with Verizon is capable of much more that the equivalent iPhone on AT&T will ever be capable of.

8. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    don't be. as was mentioned before, it's the one single thing that the iphone can do that no cdma device can do. and if you want to get all technical on her @$$ you can explain to her that it's because at&t was smart enough to build their data network from cdma based technology (which is what verizon's entire network is) but keep their voice service on gsm (which is based on tdma or Time Division Multiple Access, which means that the voice service is more prone to dropped calls. so you can tell her that even though the iphone can surf the web while on a call, there's a good chance the call will drop anyway.

...or take pictures in the dark, or have a physical keyboard, or just generally kick@$$.

9. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 New Member

Nov 17, 2009
    This used to happen to me. My friend would umm, send a pic of his "business" with the porcelain god, that would pop up in my face no matter what.

Now, just imagine if you were showing your phone to grammy and this happens, I bet she wouldn't be to thrilled.

iPhone phanboy counter: "Oh, you can turn off the pop ups"

Yea, now I have to scroll through 11 pages of apps to see which one update, awesome.

10. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Exactly!!!!! Gotta love the droid and iphone users that hate all other phones that beat it (right now just the droid ;))

11. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009
    I talk to my wife and surf on the net all the time...not sure what your problem is. As a matter of fact, I was talking to my wife, watching Survivor with my wife AND surfing the net all at the same time last night!

12. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    Are you using a Droid on the Verizon network.

13. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    just to clarify, he means talk to her on the droid and surf the web on the droid. cdma smartphones can't do data and voice at the same time like at&t smartphones. now, wifi and voice may be another story.

14. speed4tu

speed4tu New Member

Nov 30, 2009

He was making a joke and I think I am the only one that caught what he is really trying to say. It's kinda funny! haha

15. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    no, the thought crossed my mind, but it wasn't funny. it was a lame attempt at a joke and i didn't want people to misunderstand and think that it was possible to have a voice and data connection at the same time without wifi.