1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

myTouch 3G Can you pass the beginning without a Data Plan [Rooting Help!!!]

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by AntF, Aug 20, 2011.

1. AntF

AntF New Member

Aug 20, 2011

Sponsored Ad

My story is that in the past I got a myTouch 3G unlocked and the guy that gave it to me had his gmail in it and I didn't know the pass, so I just factory reset it and then i got the surprise that I NEED a data plan to be able to do the beginning screens...
    So I got to a guy that fixes cellphones and he used his internet to pass through the screen...
    After that it got a 2.2.1 update and I was to happy kuz now I could factory reset it and not need internet to pass it...
    Then I learned about rooting and I really wanted to root my phone, so I went to a page that showed me how to root it and they told me as a first step to go back to 1.5 using a downloadable file named sappimg.nbh so I followed the instructions and downgraded it back to 1.5, BUT I need a data plan to pass the beginning screen now and now I can't take it back to the same dude as before, and sense I live in a small place called the Dominican Republic; the only data plans here are for BBs and iPhones...
    So now that I finished the story, the question is...
    Is there a way that i can pass the beginning screen without a data plan???
    PLEASE HELP!!! I have looked up just about everything and can't even find the second downloadable update file I need to take it back to 2.2.1! PLEASE HELP!!!

2. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    I kind of remember something like touching the four corners of the screen. I forget in what order though.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. AntF

AntF New Member

Aug 20, 2011
    It doesn't work for my myTouch 3G... :'(