1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

N1 en route

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Ramesh, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Ramesh

Bronze

Oct 29, 2008

Sponsored Ad

I'll have my N1 tomorrow. :027:acknowledge I'll post up with my impressions then. I'm looking forward to it.

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    congrats on your new purchase

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Ramesh

Bronze

Oct 29, 2008
    Thanks. Jason helped push me over the edge...

5. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    just don't blame me if you don't like it :dft011:tounge_out

I've noticed most iPhone lovers either love it or hate it.

I'm not a strong defender of the iPhone, the deficiencies of the iPhone have always bothered me and left me bouncing around from one device to another. somehow I always have landed back on the iPhone for some reason or another. But I might have found my ideal device with the Nexus One. The eye candy isn't quite as nice with Android, but it is a powerful OS and you can tailor your device to how you want to use it. The apps aren't there yet, but I don't think it will be long before they come along. Especially with the new 3D API's for android and the newer hardware like the Droid and N1's ability to handle 3D gaming. 2010 should be a good year for Android.

I plan on putting together a long post with my impressions/review this weekend. So far I can say I'm really happy with it.

6. Ramesh

Bronze

Oct 29, 2008
    I REALLY like it so far. Just gotta figure out how to get custom ringtones on this thing...

7. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    like as far as songs? if you are wanting to make a song your ringtone you can just do it through the music player.

8. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    If you create a folder named "Ringtones" on your storage card you can then add MP3's to that folder. They will now display in the ringtones menu. Do the same for "notifications" and alerts

9. TreeFrog

Bronze

Aug 27, 2007
    hey...and you know this N1 stuff because why! haha....dang droider!

btw...still liken the av!

10. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Don't forget the free app Ringdroid! This cuts any of you mp3's into ringtones directly on the phone. Allows you to pick exactly where to start and end the song...(My main ringtone is "Oh, Sherrie" by Steve Perry, and I cut it to the main chorus!):dft012:wink

11. TreeFrog

Bronze

Aug 27, 2007
    thats cool sherri! ringdroid...gettin it! =)

12. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    You'll love it...One of the first things I downloaded. (Sort of like Vito Ringtone Editor on the Q...only FREE!!)

13. Ramesh

Bronze

Oct 29, 2008
    It's a very cool app, thanks.

14. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I love seeing members who originated from two completely different sites (sherri from eq, ramesh from iCafe) help each other on another site (eA).:dft010:big_smile

15. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    *raises hand* me too me too!

16. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007

finally played with ringdroid last night. very cool app.