1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Nandroid Backup by definition

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Weapondrift, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008

Sponsored Ad

As i am sure most (if not all of you) have heard the term "nandroid backup" myself included -and wondered what exactly that is. Here is a Definition for all of us. I will post device specific methods at a later time.

Definition:
    Nandroid Backup requires Root Access. For those that do not know know what root is please read the stickies above. This method of backup will give you FULL system backup. This method is also handy in case something goes wrong on your phone or you are desiring a new ROM or theme.

Directions:
    1) Boot into RECOVERY MODE by either:

method a) Boot into Recovery Mode by turning off the device and power it back on while holding POWER and DPAD UP (toward the screen)/HOME/or VOLUME UP I believe these may be Device Specific if so I will update at a later time

method b)
    Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Camera button, and press then Power button until the screen lights up

2) If you get a red Triangle icon with an exclaimation point Hit Alt + L to get to the menu (Moto Droid users)

3) Once in RECOVERY MODE select create Nandroid Backup This will create a folder in your sdcard named "nandroid."

4) Rejoice at your awesomeness

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    On my Motorlo Droid you hold X down while powering up. Then after you see the triangle exclamation press volume up and camera button to get to the menu screen and run a update.zip file you put on the root of your card to install sprecovery and to gain root access. From there its just a matter of holding X. And power to get to sprecovery to load roms,kernels,themes etc... but I got lazy and install most of my roms and stuff thru rom manager.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Hey !!! I just got here from your link test in the android app.