1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Navigation app that considers traffic

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Salil Surendran, May 23, 2013.

1. Salil Surendran

Bronze

Aug 24, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Hello
    Which is the best navigation app for Android that takes traffic into consideration. I heard a lot about Google navigation doing this but I tried it for a couple of days and it doesn't seem to be working

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    What doesn't seem to be working, the app or the traffic routing/rerouting feature?

Where are you located? That may have an effect....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Google Navigation is what I use.
    You can also try Waze, its a nav program with crowd sourced traffic data.

5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    There are many many many....
    Google
    Waze
    Inrix
    Beat the traffic
    Navigon
    Scout
    MotionX
    TomTom
    And probably dozens more...

Best is very relative....it's kinda dependent on what you want. We use our Garmin GPS for some things and use Google Navigation for others. Have never been that impressed with Waze. Crowd sourced traffic data that relies on users typing out a report tends to be very inaccurate, although Waze uses metrics to improve validity. But perople are otoriously inaccurate. 3 minutes delay gets reported as waiting for 15 minutes. A speed reduction to 60mph makes people report they were stop and go and crawling. People think that if they go 80 instead of 75 they'll save minutes on a short trip. Bottom line is people can't do math and there are considerable questions at times about what is reported.

On the other hqnd, Crowd sourced data that is gathered automatically, like BT sensing or cell phone data from aggregators like AirSage tends to be far more accurate and contains hundreds of thousands if not millions of data points along a corridor.

• Like Like x 1