1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help and or suggestions please

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by jshaddix865, Dec 3, 2010.

1. jshaddix865

jshaddix865 New Member

Dec 3, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I recently had an htc evo that was rooted. I had it replaced thru warranty at sprint and they gave me a brand new one out of the box. I downloaded the revoked3 app and tried to root this new evo. It said that the root was successful however it wasnt. it goes right back into normal stock bootup mode. I then moved on to download another rooting tool called simpleroot.. tried it. I got to step two, and it keeps saying the file that was pushed to the sd card cant be found. i restored sd card and tried it again. same thing. Then I went to look for another rooting tool and didnt have much luck. Is there anyone out there who has any suggestions on how to actually successfully root this evo ?

Android 2.2
    Baseband Version 2.15.00.09.01
    Kernel Version 2.6.32.15-g59b9e50
    Build 3.30.651.3

I need any help that anyone can give or suggest.. thanks so much in advance for your help.

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    do you have a little ninja icon in your drawer? If you do you are now rooted.

If not go through the unrevoked steps again and retry their root method.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. jshaddix865

jshaddix865 New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    It's not rooted revoked won't work on the new hboot series I have. I decided just to leave it. I just listed my evo on eBay. I hate this phone thanks for your help though

5. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Why not wait for unrevoked to crack your phone?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    They are testing the new files now, shouldnt be all that much longer to get the new files for phones who did the OTA.

7. jshaddix865

jshaddix865 New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    re

Great. I haven't read anything about it. I'll keep looking for it thanks