1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help Please?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Ani Khan, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Ani Khan

Ani Khan New Member

Nov 16, 2012

Sponsored Ad

I wanted to install back the stock rom on my nexus 7 8gb..doesnt work at all says booting failed while in fast boot mode and is just stuck on the google logo screen

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    You have ADB and the Drivers set up properly?
    What helped me root and unlock my Nexus 7 was 'Nexus 7 Toolkit'. Assuming you have ADB and the Drivers installed you can do it fairly easily from this program.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Ani Khan

Ani Khan New Member

Nov 16, 2012
    yes i do and i used nexus 7 toolkit it downloads the 4.1.1 image and does its thing but the tablet doesnt boot to the os says booting failed

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Are you sure its 4.1.1? My toolkit says 4.1.1 factory image not available....

6. Ani Khan

Ani Khan New Member

Nov 16, 2012
    yes it said it was downloading 4.1.1 then once it did asked are you ready to flash image..it did its thing but then tabelt doesnt do anything when i hit start it says booting failed

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Have you tried to flash 4.1.2?

8. Ani Khan

Ani Khan New Member

Nov 16, 2012
    which number do i choose to flash 4.1.2?

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Option #9 Should be flash Google Factory Stock Image

10. Ani Khan

Ani Khan New Member

Nov 16, 2012
    can i just flash to 4.2 then? cause i remember my tablet was on 4.1.2 before

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Sure, perhaps that was your issue to begin with. Flashing 4.1.1 over 4.12, when you said you wanted to flash 4.1.1 I thought thats what you were already on and wanted to get a fresh start on.

12. Ani Khan

Ani Khan New Member

Nov 16, 2012
    also i download the file where do i add the files for 4.2?

13. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    What do you mean?

14. Ani Khan

Ani Khan New Member

Nov 16, 2012
    i downloaded the zip file of 4.2 from google site now what do i do?

15. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    How big is it? 80mb or more? I only ask becuase the OTA update from 4.1.2 was 80mb, any larger and it is the entire ROM which will wipe your device.
    Now that that is out of the way...
    If you can see your device when hooked to your computer, move it to your device, open the toolkit and hit option 10 'boot to custom recovery without perminately flashing it' and then when recovery comes up flash the .zip as you would normally flash any file

or

If you cant see it when hooked up via USB then do the following....
    via Android Police

If you do it via ADB as I listed above, make sure your Android SDK is up to date or ADB Push will not work.