1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help thunderbolt tether plz

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by therock40359, Jun 3, 2012.

1. therock40359

therock40359 New Member

Jun 3, 2012

Sponsored Ad

I have a rooted HTC Thunderbolt and I was wondering if anyone knows how to get foxfi or any other wifi tether app to work

Sent from my Milestone X using Everything Android

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Can't help you with it, but since the foxfi author posted two items that apply to your question, I am curious if you read them:
    1) "WiFi mode currently works on most Samsung/Motorola/LG phones. WiFi mode does NOT work on Motorola Droid 1, Motorola Triumph, Samsung Admire, LG Revolution or any HTC phones, use Bluetooth mode instead."
    2) "FoxFi is tested on non-rooted phones. If your phone has a rooted ROM it may or may not work"

Is the Bluetooth mode the author noted not an option for you?

I have tethering included with the Sprint plan my company has so I haven't been looking for an app that could help you.

Sorry.....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Take a look here to see if it might help....

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Or here. #8 mentions the Thunderbolt, but I am not sure if they are rooted. I am pretty sure they are as it is a rooting site. There did seem to be a particular setting that had to be changed.