1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

New Galaxy S5 User Now....

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by stevetaz, Dec 28, 2014.

1. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Funny thing....I have been thinking a new phone would be nice as I was running a Galaxy S3 for almost two years, but I kept procrastinating about it. The previous two replacements became necessary because somehow the phones fell on concrete breaking the screens. Shocking! Not this time though.

While I thought a new phone would be nice I really wasn't looking forward to the whole setup and rebuild of all the preferences. It was almost two years since the last time, but I still remembered.

Lo and behold three days before Christmas I started noticing the phone randomly rebooting. The first few times I chalked it up to recent app and OS updates, but it started happening with greater frequency. The battery was also draining too fast making it mandatory I charge at least twice a day to get through to bedtime. Then I realized the side button would not wake the device all the time and in fact often it would think I was shutting the phone down as if I pressed and held the button.

Two days before Christmas I sent a note to our IT gurus who oversee phones for the company describing what was happening, what I had done to correct and asked for suggestions. Three hours later they called to say come pick up your new phone, a Galaxy S5.

The Contacts, Calendar and Exchange email was all set up and some settings were transferred using Samsung SmartSwitch Mobile, but jeeeeeeez.....It has literally taken almost three days of playing with settings, downloading and installing apps to get this to where I am happy with the setup. No, not three days straight, but periods of time that I won't get back.

I am now pretty happy with the upgrade and I still count my blessings I don't pay for it nor did I have to do the arrangements to get the new phone. Limits my choices, but I am more than okay with that.

Overall I am pretty pleased with the Galaxy S5 and next I look forward to the Lollipop upgrade, which the S3 never would have seen. Hopefully that will hit in January.

Oh, and God bless Nova Launcher....Thanks for that one Scott....

2. rabbyapk

rabbyapk New Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Yep i use it this app awesome performance in Galaxy S5

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. rosario1990

Bronze

Feb 1, 2015
    Galaxy S5 is good one. After Lollipop upgrade it has more popular.

5. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Yeah that is awesome smartphone now days I love it..