1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

new phone ?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by allan473, Jul 6, 2011.

1. allan473

allan473 New Member

Jul 6, 2011

Sponsored Ad

If I move from an EVO on Sprint to a new phone on tmobile will I be able to just put the data card from my EVO into the new phone and have all the data (ringtones, phones, etc.)?

Also, when I go to the Market will my apps show up under my downloads?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yes, you will be able to use the same SD Card. Your purchased apps will show up in the market as purchased and ready to be installed, I don't think any free app you have downloaded will be like that.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Free app downloaded from the market dl to the phone, not sd card. You can move them to sd card using a file manager, the app "app to sd", or from settings (easiest way). Once they are moved, they will be able to be installed to new phone when sd card is inserted.

Market is supposed to reinstall free and paid apps, but it hasn't worked reliably for me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I have had free ones install on my Xoom from the market that are on my Incredible, but never when switching ROMs. I wonder why...