1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

new phone

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by thebest200, Aug 28, 2012.

1. thebest200

thebest200 New Member

Aug 28, 2012

Sponsored Ad

hey guys i am going to buy a new android phone and i can not choose between samsung galaxy s advance and sony xperia sola
    which one u would recommend for me ?
    btw i don't care much about the slightly bigger screen in samsung or the battery in both phones

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Why can you not choose? Which features of each do you like and are there any differences you can see?

Most important, have you gone to a store and held both to see how they feel in your hand?

Samsung has a bit more internal memory and a bit better battery. Samsung also has a dual camera while the Sony does not. Both have dual core processors and come with GingerBread. Both will probably be okay to upgrade to ICS, but I am not sure of JB. The small difference in screen size can make a difference to some users so you should go and see them both.

Any difference in price or warranty?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. thebest200

thebest200 New Member

Aug 28, 2012
    both screens look big enough for me , i care more about the sound quality coz i use the phone as mp3 player most of the time and internet and want good camera
    the samsung phone price is 50 dollars more than the sola and one more question can i do video calls without the front cam ?

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    How would you see the other person on the video call if you are using the rear camera

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

6. thebest200

thebest200 New Member

Aug 28, 2012
    i meant that if it will be supported and i can use a mirror or whatever or just see the other person

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I suppose but that is just a waste of money... Spend over a hundred bucks and the use a mirror to video chat.

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I get the impression you are buying this from the Internet and have not held either one to try and see how they feel.

Good luck.

9. thebest200

thebest200 New Member

Aug 28, 2012
    I tried the samsung before and it looks good but ofcourse i didn't try everything and also i held the sony in a shope and looks good too so i think both are fine , i just wanted advice but as i see from the replies i think both will be ok for me