1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

New Site Look....Again....

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Help' started by stevetaz, Oct 15, 2014.

1. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Yet another new look. Very clean and modern.

I still miss green though....LOL

2. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Thanks. I spent quite a bit of time the past few days redesigning the site, in addition to pushing a major software update. I think it came together nicely. The header is bright and bold, but shouldn't detract from readability of the site. The main content areas remain clean and uncluttered. There will be refinements over the next few days and weeks. Once I have it completely dialed in, I may offer a second color option. Once I have it nailed, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to introduce a new color, at least on the desktop side of things.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Looking good! :)

5. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I hope your comment is in reply to the changes today. Yesterday was big, but maybe too bold and broke a few of my rules. Today is more in keeping with what's been happening on iCafe. Every link and UI element has a reason behind it.

There will definitely be some tweaks.

Here's yesterday if you missed it.

Screen Shot 2014-10-16 at 11.40.13 AM.png

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yes, I totally missed that one. Yeowza that's bright, I like the muted blues.

• Like Like x 1
  7. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    BTW, I've been discussing the spam issue with @stevetaz and put a few things in place to help.

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Steve put me on the convo list, I have been following along with whats been going on. Been super busy, haven't had too much time lately.

But I'm still here!!

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Black now, eh Chris? Certainly easier to tell when new posts are made in a forum.

I still prefer something a bit more colorful, but that's me.....

10. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    It's actually blue-green, but I'll take a look at softening it.

11. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Blue-green? Really? I am talking about the top banner.....Sure looks black to me.

Maybe I need a new monitor....LOL

upload_2014-10-16_14-56-19.png

12. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
  13. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Haven't used anything other than Tapatalk to view forum in quite a while, and I chose purple for it.

14. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex New Member

Sep 30, 2013
    The new look is nice, but yesterday's blue had a good feel as well.