1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

New System Update-RC 30

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by OhMyLori, Nov 9, 2008.

1. OhMyLori

OhMyLori New Member

Nov 9, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Aside from myself...has anyone else received the RC30 update? And does anyone know what this one is suppose to fix?

2. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    The RC30 update just fixed the security hole that allowed someone to gain "root access". Basically, it prevents users from "jailbreaking" the G1.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. my95z34

my95z34 New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Could someone explain 'jailbreaking' the G1. Its already open, right? So I don't understand...

5. LitoCg2Rider

LitoCg2Rider New Member

Nov 4, 2008
    jailbreaking the G1 is like seeing all the open source of codes of how it run...with it being edit...the G1 is out on the open field for major custom ,,they can change from start to end on how they want their phone to look and work in many difference ways...

6. eroccia

eroccia New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    I received it. like everyone said it just blocks it from being jailbroke

7. yyh414

yyh414 New Member

Oct 30, 2008
    I still don't get any update yet :( I am still have RC-19

8. LitoCg2Rider

LitoCg2Rider New Member

Nov 4, 2008
    received it during lunch time at 12:40 yesterday....what i think of the update?there are more to come..soo i be waiting..soo far the only thing i notice is setting is the laggy in settings..that about it..maybe i have to much things running that probably why..:D anyways..during setting and what not..nthing seem different beside the alarm setting..it is on the oppersite side now..Lmao ..that about it.everything work fine which is good....now im just waiting soo they can do some fixin and update the G1 soo it can be what it suppose to be then it could ever be......

9. yyh414

yyh414 New Member

Oct 30, 2008
    finally, I got RC-30 update last nite :) 11/12/08