1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

New Thunderbolt owner...

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by darkdomino, Jun 23, 2011.

1. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

Jun 2, 2008

Sponsored Ad

You're looking at a new Thunderbolt owner over here! I actually had no intention of upgrading, but with all the talk about these new "tiered data plans" I had to upgrade to 4G LTE early so I could get grandfathered in.

anyway, this is really an amazing phone. It amazes me everything that this phone can do that my original Motorola Droid couldn't... I can multi-task for REAL now. I never worry that my web browser windows are going to shut down on me, or that my background apps will close randomly. This thing just works the way Android should.

Giving up the keyboard was worth it, I think. I am actually looking into a Jorno keyboard for my T-Bolt... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWlr4FBm7I (I've confirmed with them that it is compatible)

The downsides of this device? About twice I've had the phone go to sleep and not come back. Had to pull the battery to get it to restart. I also have experienced some of the random rebooting that has been described. However this is very rare, and didn't really impact me at all. My battery life is pretty horrendous with this phone too. I'm getting about 5.5 hours to a charge, and that's on a GOOD day. If I turn syncing, gps, screen, etc all off... I get about 7 hours a day. This phone will die on you in the middle of the day, so I've kinda had to adjust my life around that. I'm thinking I may get an extended battery at this rate.

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Or keep chargers everywhere!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Oh I do. I've got 2 chargers at home. 1 in the car, and one stashed in my sister's car.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to eA!!