1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie questions about synching

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by gmagnes, Feb 2, 2011.

1. gmagnes

gmagnes New Member

Feb 2, 2011

Sponsored Ad

I am trying to help my daughter use her new LG Optimus T phone which has Android 2.2 on it.
    1--I am used to using Windows Mobile and for the past several years an Iphone, each of which has syncing software (Itunes for the Iphone) that enables you to synch contacts, calendar, music, files, etc. between your phone and PC. The Optimus didn't come with that. When I google it, there seem to be various complex solutions and work arounds, none of which seem to work for us.

2--Possibly related to the first issue, the PC doesn't seem to recognize the phone. We've plugged it into USB ports, but get no response from the phone. We are running Windows 7 Professional. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on what might be happening. Is there a known issue with Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks,
    Gerry

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    What are you trying to sync? Music? Email? Sms?

For music, Double Twist is nice. Imports all iTunes stuff. Give me some info, and I can help more!

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gmagnes

gmagnes New Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Newbie synch issues

She'd like to be able to synch contacts, calendar, music, and perhaps files. It doesn't appear that the Laptop is recognizing the Android device for starters, although my daughter did say that she lost all of the contacts that she had manually entered on the phone after connecting the phone and laptop via the USB cable. She does have ITunes installed with music and would like to synch her music and probably videos and podcasts via ITunes if that's possible. Is there perhaps an issue with Windows7 Professional? Anything you can suggest would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Gerry

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Double Twist syncs music, pictures and videos. There is an add on called "air sync" (or something similar) that does this wirelessly.

Calendar syncing should be from Google. I like the Jorte calendar. Same with contacts. All contacts sync with her google contacts .

As for email, does she want to sync POP3 accounts? Is she using Outlook? I have one account set to push to gmail, so my Gmail account gets mail from one of my @optonline accounts as well as my @gmail account. I have another @optonline account set up as email (pop3) to be retrieved/checked every 2 hours.

As for files, she can get a drop box account. To very easily move a file from any pc to phone, I use an application from Dashwire Labs called Awesome Drop.
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk