1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

News: DroidDoes Print Campaign Begins

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Oct 23, 2009.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

No doubt you’ve seen the DroidDoes commercials that started running last weekend and directly targets the iPhone. Verizon has now started the ad campaign of a similar ilk. The DroidDoes ad campaign, as seen here on this week’s People magazine, lists four things the iPhone does not do.
    [​IMG]

* iDon’t customize.
    * iDon’t have interchangeable batteries
    * iDon’t run simultaneous apps.
    * iDon’t allow open development.

Everything iDon’t

The campaign points to November, but does not include a firm date. As we mentioned, it’s looking more and more like the Droid release date will be November 9th. So is this ad campaign effective? No pictures of Droid, but certainly piques your interest. At least, it’s piqued mine.

via DroidDoes Print Campaign Begins

#1 chris, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  2. Neutrino

Bronze

Sep 30, 2009
    I don't think so. A lot of the hype is being raised by reporting from such sites as BGR, MacWorld, and even our own EIC. Negative ads, which in some cases are misleading (e.g., the item about no background apps) could alienate people who have gone to the iPhone, haven't had a good experience, and are on the fence for coming back to VZW.

For those on VZW, who have hoped and prayed for something that comes close to some iPhone functionality (e.g, a decent browser), the Droid could make the difference for them not to leave VZW. Some may want to leave, but find themselves unable. I wonder how many of these users are actually out there?

#2 Neutrino, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Out of all the carriers, I think Verizon customers have the most brand loyalty I've seen. I agree, the Droid is being used as a "stop, don't jump to AT&T for the iPhone" phone.

I think there are plenty of users out there. Verizon gives out Blackberry devices like halloween candy. That gets people on board with data plans. Droid could be that in-network device that offers them an iPhone-like experience on Verizon.

The more people invest in apps, I think the less likely they are to jump platforms.

5. Neutrino

Bronze

Sep 30, 2009
  6. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    Didn't know whether to post this here or in the release date forum, but here's an ad from a San Diego paper the other day:

Attached Files:

7. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009