1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

NEWS: Motorola Android event scheduled for Sept. 10

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Marianne Schultz, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Marianne Schultz

Marianne Schultz New Member

Oct 24, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Looks like some official announcements on new devices are coming from Motorola next month!

On the front page here...

#1 Marianne Schultz, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  2. Sponsored Advertisement

3. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Looks around, cannot find my invitation.

Then again, not sure if I'd make the journey to the left coast from NY.

#3 chris, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  4. wnrussell

wnrussell New Member

Sep 2, 2008
  5. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Interesting. And now HTC is rumored to be deploying an android device (the Desire) on verizon - LINK.

What's going on with Moto??

6. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I can't find the link, but someone confirmed T-Mobile will be at the Moto event. If they show Morrison, I doubt they'll out Sholes.

7. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
  8. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    Sholes?

Arrgh! I am watching/listening, but am worried about the actual Sholes. And VZW didn't show at this event.

Durn!

9. wnrussell

wnrussell New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Teddy, Dr. Sanja acted more like a Google software employee rather than a Motorola hardware executive, didn't he?

10. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    Yeah, I got disgusted, only watched about half. Did he even mention the Sholes?

11. wnrussell

wnrussell New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Nope, didn't even mention Verizon at all either:

[​IMG]

12. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    Any idea where this leaves the Sholes? Somewhere in almost land like the Nap?

13. wnrussell

wnrussell New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    In better shape than the Nap:

Sept. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Verizon Wireless, the biggest U.S. wireless carrier, will provide service for Motorola Inc.’s second Android-based phone, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Verizon will begin offering the device in the fourth quarter, said the person, who declined to be named because the agreement isn’t public. Like Motorola’s Cliq phone, introduced this week, the new model will run Google Inc.’s Android operating system.

http://forums.everythingandroid.org...rier-for-motorola’s-second-android-phone.256/

#13 wnrussell, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014