1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

News: Verizon, Motorola Approaching 1 Million Droid Phones Sold

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Nov 30, 2009.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

y all counts, Verizon and Motorola have a success with the Droid. According to RBC Capital Markets analyst Mark Sue, there have been 700,000 to 800,000 Droids sold so far. That puts the 1 million mark in sight for the fourth quarter of this year. If the numbers are correct, the companies will likely meet the 1 million mark given the added boost they’ll receive from holiday shoppers.

Sue’s research note exclaims, “According to our survey, some higher-traffic Verizon stores in major cities may be selling over 100-200 Droid units per week since the launch,” he said. “The bulk of Motorola’s smartphones this quarter will be at Verizon.”

Verizon, Motorola Approaching 1 Million Droid Phones Sold

#1 chris, Nov 30, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    As word of mouth continues to grow I suspect there will be continued growth for the Droid. My mouth is responsible for 3 more Droids out there ... lol

The Droid truely is a fantastic device that just so happens to also be able to make a phone call. :dft011:tounge_out

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Agreed everyone who has had a chance to check out my droid has loved it.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    1 million already
    thats crazy

wonder how that compares to the first storm launch and the iphones first launch in the same amount of time

6. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    1 million in 74 days; source:

#5 tj!2k6, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    ah well there you go :dft011:tounge_out

#6 n99hockey, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  8. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Something's Fishy...

This seems unbelievable to me. For the first launch of the iPhone, people camped out overnight, lines went around the stores, and stores were sold out on the first day! Either Apple didn't make enough for the first release, or these numbers are screwy.

VZW rep where I got mine had been "putting names on a list" and said he would try to hold one, but made no promises. Trust me, there were (and still are) plenty available.

Hard to believe it took the iPhone 74 days to hit 1,000,000 but the Droid is almost there after less thank 30???

9. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Well I think the Droid appeals to a whole different class of folks. I for one will not step foot in a verizon store. I also am sure a lot of folks did what I did... called *611 and begged for an early upgrade. Just cuz the stores are not full does not mean their customer services lines are not busy. I had a 40 min wait and the lady told me they were all Droid calls. I would like to know how many new customers VZW got from the Droid.

10. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Truely is a great device you really need one scott.

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    hahaha so i hear :dft011:tounge_out

12. dvmweb

dvmweb New Member

Jan 1, 2009
    I am 1 in a million? Cool.

Oh, one of a million. That is different.:dft012:wink

I like my Droid.

Walt MI/USA

13. ninjaap

ninjaap New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    If memory serves me right, the iPhone at launch was only available through Apple stores (not even ATT stores were able to sell them until a month or two later). The Droid, at launch was available through Walmart, Walmart.com, Best Buy, Bestbuy.com, wirefly.com, VZW stores, VZW.com, etc...

14. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    ninjaap
    Its about time you made your way over here Buddy !! :dft012:wink

15. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    I bought my Droid at best buy. Not really a fan of best buy but they had the instant rebate.I bought mine at noon on the launch day. I was one of the first people to buy one according to the manager but he had personally already turned down over 50 people who thought they qualified for an upgrade but didn't . I'm also a new Verizon customer. I had metro pcs. What an upgrade both in phone and service. Long live the Droid!

16. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    The verizon rep who sold mine to me said he had sold a few that day. I'm in one of the most tech areas of the city, an area thats still growing even in a recession so we have people with $. I've seen a few iphones at work but so far I'm the only droid owner, so much for Apple's "think different" slogan.