1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Nexsus 7 wifi connection issue

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by cjhawkins3rd, Sep 25, 2012.

1. cjhawkins3rd

cjhawkins3rd New Member

Aug 24, 2006

Sponsored Ad

I am new to android. I could not resist buying the Nexus 7, as I think I must make a decision to stick with Apples iPhone 5 (and all the issues of a closes system - like Google Maps only of safari) vs. moving to an android phone. So I wanted to get experience with Jelly Bean on the Nexus 7. Overall pretty good, but I am having one major problem (and this does not occur on iPhone 4S and iPad): the wifi loses connection. I have to reboot. Come'on Man. I have seen others complaing of this, mostly in the July and early August timeframe. Is there a fix for this? Otherwise Android is not ready....

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Is your Nexus7 set to disconnect to WiFi when the screen is off?

App Drawer
    Settings
    Click on WiFi
    Click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner
    Click on Advanced
    Second one down says Keep WiFi on During Sleep...make sure that says 'Always'

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. cjhawkins3rd

cjhawkins3rd New Member

Aug 24, 2006
    That appears to be the problem! Thanks so much. I think this is a bit like MSDOS so many years ago. Powerful, but you have to know where to go. At least there is no text input on the DOS prompt...

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Awesome I'm glad it was that easy. Android is a different monster than iOS..much more things to play with and change.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Everything Android

6. loustewart

loustewart Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Factory Reset your device.

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Ummmm......WRONG!

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yea, the issue was already resolved. And this should be the LAST thing you try.