1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Nexus One or Samsung Galaxy S

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Takeoff, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Takeoff

Takeoff New Member

Jun 11, 2010

Sponsored Ad

The Nexus One or the Samsung Galaxy. Which one do you think is better and why?

2. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I have the Nexus One and it's a great device. The Super AMOLED looks real nice on the Galaxy S and looks to be a bigger display.

Advantage of the Nexus One is that you'll always have the latest and greatest version of Android.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Takeoff

Takeoff New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    so your saying the nexus?

5. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I haven't seen the Samsung Galaxy S, so cannot say one way or the other. I do know that you cannot go wrong with the Nexus One. I prefer stock Android and Froyo (Android 2.2) will be available on the N1 real soon. I bought it because I like the idea of always having the latest OS.

Are you on T-Mobile?

6. Takeoff

Takeoff New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    yea i am i have the g1 right now

7. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I had the G1 before I got my Nexus One. As long as you don't mind a touchscreen "soft" keyboard, it'll be a real nice jump for you. The screen is super vivid, but not so great in sunlight. Same would go for the Samsung, since it uses AMOLED technology. The speed of the Nexus One is also a big plus and I think you'd be impressed with the build quality. It feels like an expensive phone -- feels solid.

Not that you're worried about resale, but you'll always find a good market for the Nexus One.

Have I sold you yet? :dft010:big_smile When is the Galaxy S coming to T-Mobile?

8. Takeoff

Takeoff New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    i think the 29th

9. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I vote for the Nexus. Because I also agree with Chris that the bare android OS will always be easier to root and will also be first inline for OS updates. I have the Motorola Driod (rooted) and am running a froyo beta overclocked at 1.2ghz right now. This thing is crazy fast. I am also currantly typing this on my netbook tetherd wirelessly. But, if rooting and being the first to try the latest OS is not that important to you, all the new android phones are awesome !!!

10. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    +1 for nexus. I love my incredible but sure wish Verizon hadn't killed off the nexus. I loved the nexus when I had it on tmobile.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

11. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    *off topic*

Aggie, do you still have a EVO?

12. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Never did end up getting one. The seller on Craigslist that I was gonna buy from flaked out. Tried it out a few times at the Sprint store but decided not to buy it with iPhone 4 and the Droid x coming

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

13. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    What are your thoughts on the X?

Beta

14. localgod808

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    I just bought a 2.2 n1. Everyone I know is att so I had to stay to save mins. I really wanted an evo or incredible but n1 is the only way to go as far as att is concerned.
    Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Everything Android app

15. aisha

aisha New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Samsung Galaxy S rocks...

16. iloveandroid

iloveandroid New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    I always prefer N1 over samsung. But not over Epic 4G though. Not to hijack the thread, you should have started a thread like, Evo 4G or Epic 4G.