1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Nexus One site is now officially live

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by aggieman, Jan 5, 2010.

1. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007

Sponsored Ad

just ordered mine. the press event is still ongoing.

Free overnight fedex shipping with purchase.

Looks like it will be coming to Verizon in the Spring.

#1 aggieman, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  2. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    You are crazy! What service are you going to use it with? Aren't you on AT&T?

It does look like the best of the Android bunch.

#2 chris, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    me? crazy? lol

I switched to T-Mobile a few weeks ago. 3gs is unlocked, switched my 9700 over to my company line, sold the Bold 9000. Rockin the N900 right now.

Alot of exciting things happening with T-Mobile. HSPA 7.2 going live within days and HSPA+ 21mb 2Q of 2010. Plus 59.99/mo vs. the $100 I was paying on AT&T. It appears they are no longer being ignored by the high end manufacturers and the 3g coverage in major metro areas is solid and they are continuing to expand coverage aggressively.

This phone is very exciting though. I'll probably be keeping it and the N900 and selling off the 3gs. I'll be sure to check back with my impressions once I have it in my hands :dft009:smile

5. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Just read this on Phone Scoop...

Today T-Mobile announced that it has upgraded its entire 3G network to HSPA 7.2Mbps (peak speeds). That's an improvement from 3.6Mbps, and should allow for faster wireless downloads. T-Mobile also pointed out that its 3G footprint now covers some 200 million Americans. T-Mobile also said that it plans to be the first U.S. carrier to deploy HSPA+ across its network by mid 2010. T-Mobile currently has an HSPA+ trial under way in Philadelphia. Once fully enabled, HSPA+ will offer up to 21Mbps downloads.

from T-Mobile

#4 chris, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  6. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    yeah I saw that too, although I'm not sure how credible it is. some people in Chicago, NY, and ATL have seen boosts but no love for us in Texas. Of course if the backhaul isn't there it's not gonna make much difference anyhow. I've been running my N900's battery down doing speedtests today :dft002:zombie

#5 aggieman, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    definitely looking forward to your review

8. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    yay! my nexus one is here and in my sweaty little hands.

9. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    As attractive as a $179 Nexus looks, T-mobile is a absolute joke in the DC metro area. It doesn't work at all in my home. I'd have to wifi it at home and I don't think the battery can hold wifi for more then a few hours, I bearely get a full day on my Eris with wifi off. If Google releases the Nexus as a dev phone (ADP3) with the $399 pricepoint, then I'll jump on one. Right now, price and T-mobile are what stopping me from Nexus goodness!

10. Ramesh

Bronze

Oct 29, 2008
    I'll be ordering mine next week sometime. I'll let you know what I think; I'll be on AT&T still though....

I haven't fooled w/jailbreaking or unlocking in along time. I'll have to check into that to see if my 3GS and 3G are unlockable. Perhaps I'll too switch to TMO.

11. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    Ramesh, I am sure you going to love the Nexus, I have the paired down eris and it's a awesome little phone.

Does anyone know how much bigger the Nexus is than the Eris. I love the Eris but it's a tad bit small, I'd like a iPhone sized device for hand comfort.

12. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I held the Nexus One for a bit at CES. Thought it felt just a bit larger than the iPhone. I'm sure specs will probably prove that out. It was definitely bigger than the Eris.

13. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    I think it may feel larger because of the screen. It is a bit longer, but honestly it is so small that it almost feels too small. It is incredibly thin. I do like the size of it, it's just kind of difficult to get used to after using the iPhone for so long.

14. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    so do you still have your iPhone or Storm?

15. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Rams, you know my thoughts on it through twitter, but I have to say again it's an awesome phone. It isn't quite as much eye candy as some of the elements of the iPhone are but it's still got a very nice UI. I love the notifications area and if you like streaming music through an app like Pandora, slacker, or last.fm then you will love how they appear in the notification bar at top and you can control them for there. Same goes for the media player. I loved this about the Pre as it was almost the same. The media player however is not even close to as slick as the iPhone's. It sounds great but there's no EQ (that I know of) and it's not near as nice looking. All in all though I like the Nexus One alot and I think it smokes a non jailbroken iPhone. Against a jailbroken iPhone I'd almost call it a tie.

16. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    I am going to stop by a T-mo store this week to demo a device. I am really digging the Nexus.

17. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    Aggie,

I still have my iPhone, a version one still alive and kicking..lol. The Storm was given the boot 4 times before their 30 day return windows lapsed. It was a piece of crap and pretty much pointed me out the door with RIM, I stuck with my Curve 8330 until I was able to get a Android device in my hand. I don't think I am quite ready to rid myself of the iPhone yet, plus I want to write apps for the iPhone in addition to Android so I need both devices.

18. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    so hard to get rid of the iPhone. i'm back and forth over what devices I want to keep, but everytime I convince myself I'm selling the iPhone I back out of it. I know one thing, the Nexus One isn't going anywhere though.

one thing that's bothering me. Is there not a way to create new folders in the picture gallery app? for example, I took a bunch of photos today on a jobsite. I don't want them left in the camera roll, but want their own folder.

19. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    As many shortcomings as the iPhone has, it's UI keeps me hanging around. But the Android has cured me of my Crackberry addiction, it may only be a matter of time before it starts to attack my iPhone addition...lol

20. Ramesh

Bronze

Oct 29, 2008
    I appreciate all of your input. I'll have mine tomorrow.