1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Nexus One to Walmart?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Jan 26, 2010.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

is Wally World really getting the Nexus One? And on ATT/Sprint/Verizon networks!?
    I predicted Walmart would sell the “Google Phone” back in October and it appears to have come true. We just spotted a Google Nexus One holding page over on the Walmart Wireless site. I’m not that surprised Walmart is planning to sell the Nexus One since they have carried almost everyone Android phone to date, but we found some interesting information buried in the the specs.

[​IMG]

AT&T and Verizon 3G.
    Under network technology, we see that the phone supports both 1xEvDO (Sprint and Verizon 3G) and UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900 (AT&T 3G). Google previously stated the Nexus One would be coming to Verizon, but this is the first time we have seen AT&T 3G bands supported.

Now on to the juicy rumor that is almost too good to be true. A small time blog Phone Inferno is claiming that Walmart could offer the Nexus One for as low as $99 with a 2yr agreement. This is cheaper than the $179 subsidized price with a T-Mobile contract, but Walmart might have used their pull to negotiate a special deal with Google.

I’m having a real hard time swallowing the $99 price, but I guess anything is possible. We know AT&T is going to launch five Android devices and I guess we can now count the Nexus One as one of those.

Believable? What do you guys think?
    via Androidandme

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    looks like its not true...
    maybe they are, but just playing possum...:dft011:tounge_out
    via Android Central

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Ramesh

Bronze

Oct 29, 2008
    If it goes to ATT, I will get the N1 again... I had to let it go for the time being though.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    sucks you had to let it go

i wonder if its going to be 3 different devices (att/vzw/sprint) or 1 with the ability to use on all 3 networks

6. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    same here. i certainly will get it again if Apple doesn't go further with the iPhone and multitasking. But either way I'm probably going to get it on AT&T. Provided the bugs within the keyboard are fixed and the calibration of the soft keys below the keyboard is corrected. It seemed that the sweet spot was a little high and that was what was causing the inadvertent presses. I love the Nexus One but not sure about the keyboard in its current state. And I couldn't stick with TMO because 3g was very iffy at my house :dft006:unhappy

7. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    Aggie, say it ain't so! You sent the N1 packing? I am still sticking by my Eris despite some blaring misses in UI/UX in Donut. But being the UI/UX Designer I may be expecting too much...lol. But when you get baffled by simple things like how to save a photo from a MMS the alarms go off in my head. Now that HTC has released Sense UI for the myTouch I may just pick up the ADP2 now since I'm attached to senseUI and prefer it over the plain vanilla of the core Android :dft010:big_smile