1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Nexus One will be able to save apps to microSD in future software release

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by aggieman, Jan 5, 2010.

1. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Per Engadget's play by play of the press conference:

10:59AM Q: "Why only 512MB for app storage?" In a future software release, we'll enable encryption for storage on SD card.

I'm sure this is going to be across the board for Android devices running 2.1

Also of note, it appears the Droid is going to get all of the enhancements that the Nexus One is releasing with "in a couple days"

11:04AM Ooh, here's a good one: will these new features be coming to a Droid phone? "Everybody will get that software once it's open source, and that'll be in a couple of days."

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    thats good to hear!

*welcome aboard aggie...

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Thanks. I figured I'd jump on over and help you hold down the fort :dft012:wink

will hopefully be around here and EB more now that the holiday rush has (thankfully) passed.

5. Ramesh

Bronze

Oct 29, 2008
    Nice. How are updates handled on Android headsets? OTA?

6. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    From everything I've read that seems to be the case. I know the G1 was handled this way, I'm assuming the Nexus would be the same.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    on my wifes Eris a message pops up saying there is an update and you just follow the prompts and its done OTA in no time

its really great