1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Nexus or HTC One X??

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by formerininja, May 7, 2012.

1. formerininja

formerininja New Member

May 7, 2012

Sponsored Ad

I am moving from an iPhone 4s and will be buying one of the above. Never used droid before so im after helpful advice please? Ive googled until my fingers bleed, and watched all the youtube vids, but most ive found include a 3rd / 4th handset or dont really give honest advice, more of a spec sheet.

Im mostly concerned with the device not becoming outdated, so im guessing they will both receive the jelly bean update?

Also, white or black!?!

Also, as being used to 16gb, storage doesnt concern me. What does is malware etc, that isnt a problem on iOS, so also, any general advice would be great!?

Thanks!

2. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Some good concerns to research.

The best way to see which one is best is to actually play with them. Most stores now have live floor models, so you can see what it does. Maybe even a test period where you could get one, and if you don't like it, you could return it. As for the jelly bean update, I don't know about that. That is still a year out, and they still haven't done the full ICS rollout. As for color, that is what you like.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    So the Galaxy Nexus will receive the official Jelly Bean before the OneX and by the looks of things, AT&T is forcing HTC to lock down it's phone.

As for malware, the key areas to defend in security are "your personal data" & "your accounts".
    Another key to avoiding such landmines is that an app has had a lot of downloads and is well rated.

5. naviwilliams

Bronze

Feb 4, 2011
    I'm being bias here, but I say get the HTC One X :)

Then again, I don't know what am going to do when the Samsung Galaxy S III is released. What am I saying; I'll be in line like everyone else ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    LOL, let's be honest, we don't tend to get lines but Sammy has been working the hype.

I'm just glad we've two lines. I put my wife into the OneX and am waiting on the GS3. I really wanted the Exynos but the uSD card is a big factor too. Last thing I'm waiting on though is to find out if there's a button or not. For me having a button is a deal breaker, immediately forcing a second OneX though I'm tempted to get the International version.

7. formerininja

formerininja New Member

May 7, 2012
    Today i have ordered my 32gb white One X. I had a play arund with it i a store and it certainly ' feels' bigger than the nexus, which IMO is the better phone to hold, but the materials used for the One X are really nice. Its the nicest phone since the 3G iphone IMO.

My ideal phone would have been the one x running stock ics though, i love the OS on the nexus.

Maybe when the next nexus is released it will have the specs to match the X and i can afford the jump!
    I just hope im not disappointed with my choice!!