1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Nexus trouble

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Horseshadow, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Horseshadow

Horseshadow New Member

Mar 19, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Touch pad stops responding when texting or Google search etc. Any ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Everything Android

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Is the device stock or rooted? How old is it and how long have you had it? What was done just before this problem started, did you load any applications, did the device get wet or was it dropped?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Horseshadow

Horseshadow New Member

Mar 19, 2012
    I bought the phone two months ago. I did load some apps around the time the problem started, but have since uninstalled them. Never dropped.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Should I assume it is stock and not rooted? Did you buy new or used two months ago? Did water ever get near it?

You could try the equivalent of CTL+ALT+DEL. With the device on, remove the battery. Count to twenty and replace. Allow to fully reboot and see if any help. Could be a hardware issue though. Try to eliminate software possibilities first.

6. Horseshadow

Horseshadow New Member

Mar 19, 2012
    sorry bought brand new and never been wet. I will have tried the reboot several times, works for a while .

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Maybe you should reset to factory deleting all apps and data to see if a rogue application corrupted something. Then add back your apps one at a time to see if the issue returns....

Make sure you have a clean, functional and current backup of important data and records of your apps so you don't lose everything.

8. bobbynhl

bobbynhl New Member

Mar 21, 2012
    A friend of mine and I bought one, his keep turning off by itself after a couple of hours. Mine turned off completely while charging and can not restart. I took mine to Samsung Customer Service Center in Vietnam and was told that they did not sale this phone in VN therefore they can not repair it.

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008

It is considered rude to hijack another's thread, especially when your post is irrelevant.

If you have a point or a question create your own thread.

10. bobbynhl

bobbynhl New Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sorry my mistake. First time user, trying to post new thread.