1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Nexus7

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Sep 18, 2012.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Sooooo this weekend I went to mess with an N7 and well came home with one....wasn't planning on it, but it is pretty damn bad ass.

I wasn't sure about the smaller screen compared to the Xoom, but its not as bad as I thought.

Now I have to sell my Xoom in order to keep the N7...

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Congratulations!!!!

Top three reasons you took the plunge even though you didn't plan to?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Thanks.

- Speed, soo fast. Even more so that having JB on my Xoom and Phone
    - Weight - Compared to the Xoom , its like holing a paper plate
    - Can go with weight above, but traveling with this (I travel a lot for work) makes this much easier to take with; this was also one of the reasons why I was skeptical about it. The 7" screen for watching movies, I wasn't sure if it would be enough. I watched one yesterday and checked out books on it, and it was better than I thought it would be
    - and one extra for good measure....I like to play with new toys hehe

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    How is the keyboard? I would guess compared to the phone keyboard it is great, but how about that vs the larger Zoom? Comfortable?

Any thoughts it will replace a laptop or do you still need that for work?

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Keyboard is really nice. I loaded up SwiftKey (becuase that what I use on the Xoom and Phone) but I think I might go back to stock. Its really a nice fit.

Typing is a lot more comfortable than the Xoom for sure. Plus one handed web surfing is nice.

For me, this won't replace my netbook or work PC. I use to many heavy applications to be tablet only, but this will let me leave the netbook at home when on the go.

7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    ok...I'll bite...what's an N7 ?

8. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    7" Nexus tablet, with packaging that's ridiculous to open unless they changed it recently

Sent from my DROID4 using Everything Android

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yup, it was ridiculous.
    Damn near dropped the thing on the floor when I took the cover off it! The plastic wrapping was stuck to the devie, but also stuck UNDER a piece of the box lid...so when you open the box top the damn thing is stuck and hanging from the lid!!

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    ok. thanks. I have maintained only a casual awareness of the tablet market.