1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

NFC and Google Wallet

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ZR_Yancy, Aug 3, 2012.

1. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy New Member

Nov 30, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Today, while hanging out in the break room at work, I saw what looked like NFC logos on the vending machines. So I took out my N7 and held it up to the panel. I heard a beep and my N7 launched Wallet for my PIN entry. I never knew we had these panels on our vending machines. I activated my Google Wallet on my N7 and $10 credit was available. It was a nice surprise because I totally forgot about Google giving $10 when you first active it. Of course, my Cheetos and Soda was on Google. Thanks Google! Has anyone else used Google Wallet for NFC purchases yet?

uploadfromtaptalk1344037159823.jpg

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    That's awesome, didn't know they ha those on vending machines.
    I have tried, but usually forget about it. However, with the new update allowing for debit cards and other credit cards in to google wallet, I am on the look out to use the damn NFC thing!!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. letang

letang Member

Aug 13, 2012
    That's really great~!!

5. HaroldNMalt

HaroldNMalt New Member

Aug 12, 2012
    A worthwhile technology indeed, if it facilitates the purchase of corn snacks and carbonated beverages.

6. aly0105

aly0105 New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Indeed. Mobile payment products are the newest thing on the subject of financial technology. In fact, Google's mobile payment platform, is now working with all credit and debit cards, where it previously worked only with MasterCard.