1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

No update

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by cutty jabip, May 21, 2011.

1. cutty jabip

cutty jabip New Member

May 17, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Everyone at work has gotten an update on their thunderbolt but me. I'm not rooted I keep checking it. There are 5 of us and 4 got the update. Anyone know why? It's supposed to be for better connectivity or something. But I haven't gotten any updates yet. Idk which one are even out there. I click menu settings software update and check new like every day it searches but then does nothing. Just curious if anyone can help.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Everything Android

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Didn't your already start a thread like this that I answered you in?

Please don't double post the same question.

I think it might have been pulled since there were a lot of reboot issues. Just sit tight, when it's test you will get it, if you need it now then root and install a custom rom.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. cutty jabip

cutty jabip New Member

May 17, 2011
    Yea I did just curious to see of anything changed. Thanks man.

5. alroy035

alroy035 New Member

May 25, 2011
    Don't be in a hurry for it. I wish I had the old software, the new one is making my phone reboot 6-7 times a day. I'm very aggravated but not alone in this.

6. cutty jabip

cutty jabip New Member

May 17, 2011
    Thanks. I was just curious bc everyone got one but me. I really don't know what the update was truly for but if messing up your cell then maybe I shouldn't be worried. You know?

• Like Like x 1
  7. lbo

lbo New Member

May 7, 2011
    Just got mine today.

8. fr8is

fr8is New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    This might the same problem I'm having but being an android newbie not quite sure. I live in Harrisburg, pa and they just released 4g here. I have a thunderbolt and since monday the phone reboots about a dozen times a day. Spoke to a verizon rep and they said an update will be here by weeks end. Getting a bit irritated as this phone is nearly useless while in my network. Any suggestions or knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    They are still working on the update, a leak was just posted today, so hopefully its soon to fix all of these rebooting issues.

10. cutty jabip

cutty jabip New Member

May 17, 2011
    My thunderbolt doesn't reboot at all. It freezes a lot and force closes on the texting and a few apps. I feel u though I'm a newbie to Droid as well. Lol

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Its a shame that this is happening to new Android users, gives it a bad vibe. :(

12. cutty jabip

cutty jabip New Member

May 17, 2011
    I still love it. So much better then my blackberry. Just wish the force close would quit. This phone is super fast until all of that happens. But all in all I'm good. One day an update will come out and correct everything. Well so I hope.

13. fr8is

fr8is New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I agree, still a great OS though, lightning fast when it does work. Thanks for the info